Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TF BB2.5 trackbar bracket

Old 06-09-2008, 09:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How far off is everyones rears axles with the bracket? Mine is a half inch+. I want to correct it but have been told the adj trackbars are too big. I plan on buy the 3" rear springs soon if that makes a difference.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by element981
How far off is everyones rears axles with the bracket? Mine is a half inch+. I want to correct it but have been told the adj trackbars are too big. I plan on buy the 3" rear springs soon if that makes a difference.
wow, 1/2" seems a bit much. the write-up says its off by 1/4 tops
Old 06-09-2008, 12:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just installed my lift thsi past weekend. No ESP issues, and I liek the look. Only problem I have is that the bolt holes in the new bracket don't line up with the bolt holes on the stock mount. The holes in the bracket seem to be about 1/4" low. Did anyone else run into this problem? I really don't want to have to ream the holes out, or grind anything off the bottom of the stock mount to line up the holes... what gives?
Old 06-09-2008, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RuBob
1/2" measured difference = 1/4" offset

the trackbar bracket got my rear axle centered just about perfectly.
Please explain. My front is 2mm off. My drivers side rear sticks out 1/2" more than the passenger side. I measured three times.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gloworm19
I just installed my lift thsi past weekend. No ESP issues, and I liek the look. Only problem I have is that the bolt holes in the new bracket don't line up with the bolt holes on the stock mount. The holes in the bracket seem to be about 1/4" low. Did anyone else run into this problem? I really don't want to have to ream the holes out, or grind anything off the bottom of the stock mount to line up the holes... what gives?
so the holes in the trackbar relocation bracket don't line up? does everyone else have this problem?

my lift comes in on thursday
Old 06-11-2008, 07:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

my 2.5 BB was delivered today!

i checked the box - trackbar relocation bracket and bolts were shipped.

the plastic packaging that contains the nuts/bolts/washers have a sticker on them, with a date of 3/31/08

question: is there only 1 trackbar relocation bracket?
Old 06-11-2008, 09:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by texasKA
so the holes in the trackbar relocation bracket don't line up? does everyone else have this problem?

my lift comes in on thursday
Put the new bracket into the one welded to the Jeep. In your primary hand, hold a hammer. In your other hand hold the stock bolt. Strike the new bracket once from the bottom with reasonable force, and slide the bolt in. Scribe a line on the new bracket where it meets the bottom of the welded factory bracket. Remove the new one. Flip it over and using the scribe mark, center punch your drill location. Drill your hole. Reinstall new bracket with hammer, install bolts using spacer. Tighten.

I found the bracket to be too wide, so the hole would not line up for the factory bolt. One swing with a hammer aligned everything perfect, no filing, grinding, or other machining processes needed.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Since this thread is still alive, I'll post revealnt info covered.

The bill of material (BOM) problem is still not solved. My new kit shipped the first week of June still did not have one. I could not accurately determine what parts I was supposed to get in the kit. This is complicated by the fact that the kits have changed over time, so other's recollections may not help. I discovered I was missing the rear track bar bracket and a rear bump stop spacer. A packing list (or BOM) was also not available to the tech support person, and it took some time on the phone with several hold periods for him to discover what parts were supposed to be in the kit.

In the end, as usual, Teraflex came though and got my stuff to me ... fast. Thank you.

NOTE TO TERAFLEX:

We know you are a great company and you take care of your customers. Thank you. However, please include an accurate packing list in the box when you ship! This will help the "missing part" problem. If you make a mistake on your end, or the box gets damaged, or the customer just wants to inventory everything before ripping into their JK, we need a packing list. This thread alone has a number of customers that could have been better served with an accurate list in their box.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:21 PM
JK Freak

good pics... do you go offroad? LOL or WD40? thanks dude

Quick Reply: TF BB2.5 trackbar bracket