Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TF BB2.5 trackbar bracket

Old 03-29-2008, 07:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sjbissett
The new bolt also provides extra support to the stock bracket. It is up to you but it seems like it is worth the time/effort to drill the hole and install the new bolt
I think it's worth it to do it. I think there could be enough pressure on the bracket to cause it to rotate some. 3/8" drill bit and it went right through. I just put the relocation bracket in place, put the big bolt through to hold it there and drilled right through the small hole so I didn't have to worry about drilling in the wrong place. I installed mine while putting the lift on and did the drilling while the trackbar was disconnected, but I would think you could do it without disconnecting it again. I would just make sure the TF bracket is flush inside the stock bracket.

It's a nice piece of mind for me.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone know where I can get the teralfex relocation bracket. I called 4wd and quadratrac. Both are telling me it will take another 3 weeks before they get their supply. That's three weeks on top of the three weeks that I've already been waiting for from quadratrac.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:48 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by xldme
Anyone know where I can get the teralfex relocation bracket. I called 4wd and quadratrac. Both are telling me it will take another 3 weeks before they get their supply. That's three weeks on top of the three weeks that I've already been waiting for from quadratrac.
Northridge has lots.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thx. I will give them a call.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Northridge has lots.
TeraFlex,

Thanks, you guys are awesome. I just got off the phone with NorthRidge and the are shipping one out to me today.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got my bracket today that was left out of my kit. No charge. Is their a consensus at this point about the extra bolt. TF says no drilling required with the bracket. I know some have added it and some havent.

Is this a pretty easy install after the fact? Just unbolt the track bar from the factory mount and add the re-location bracket? Anything special I need to know?
Old 04-13-2008, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well, no response, and I had to wait untill today as we went out of town for spring break and then soccer for the weekend but I installed the bracket today with no problems. Haven't had a chance to check it out on the highway above 70 mph where I seem to get the wandering issue but I'll get to check it out tomorrow.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Got my kit used so didn't even know about this stupid bracket and now I realize that I just need this Vs an adjustable rear trackbar to line the axle back over a 1/2". I'm assuming that's what this bracket does with my 2.5" TFBB...right?
Old 04-13-2008, 08:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

so do you have to drill a hole in order to install the missing bolt?
Old 04-14-2008, 06:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mine came with the bolt, but yes you do have to drill and you may have to file the factory hole a little. I did because the bracket holes did not line up with factory holes (not by much less than 1/8") so the track bar bolt would not go through without filing.

Quick Reply: TF BB2.5 trackbar bracket