Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TF BB2.5 trackbar bracket

Old 03-29-2008, 07:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The new bolt also provides extra support to the stock bracket. It is up to you but it seems like it is worth the time/effort to drill the hole and install the new bolt

Originally Posted by blacknblue2002
my kit was also missing that bolt

because it wasn't there I didn't install it...I really don't see how there could be very much play in the trackbar without that bolt. The flat side is about flush with the old bracket so how is it going to rotate?

Almost doesn't seem worth it to even go buy the bolt and drill through the metal
Old 03-29-2008, 07:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am glad this thread is here. My lift is suppose to arrive today, so now I am curious if mine will be missing the bolt as well.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well my lift arrived (TF BB 1251000 w/ front springs) and I did not receive the trackbar bracket . According to the catalog it was suppose to and come with come with rear springs as well (I got pucks). So I guess I need to buy the bracket now. How poopy. Haha....
Old 03-29-2008, 04:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Is it possible that they deemed it an unnecessary addition after initial production; the upper bolt I mean? I mean, in looking at the pic, it doesn't appear that the bracket would be able to pivot at all, even without the additional bolt, as the backplate extends below the pivot point. Mine is not an expert opinion, just an observation. If it was deemed unnecessary, the undoubtedly would want to eliminate it from the kit, as I would imagine a bb that reqires no drilling would be more marketable than one that does.

Last edited by bmcollier; 03-29-2008 at 04:45 PM.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by element981
Well my lift arrived (TF BB 1251000 w/ front springs) and I did not receive the trackbar bracket . According to the catalog it was suppose to and come with come with rear springs as well (I got pucks). So I guess I need to buy the bracket now. How poopy. Haha....
I have that kit now, and talked with Joe (from Teraflex) at EJS 08' about the addition of the rear springs in what is now called a 3" lift kit...he said those rear springs won't be available for a couple of months.

ColinW
Old 03-29-2008, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ColinW
I have that kit now, and talked with Joe (from Teraflex) at EJS 08' about the addition of the rear springs in what is now called a 3" lift kit...he said those rear springs won't be available for a couple of months.

ColinW
Did you get the trackbar relocation bracket?
Old 03-29-2008, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Did you get the trackbar relocation bracket?
Not with the kit...I had bought it back in January, when they were still designing it.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ColinW
Not with the kit...I had bought it back in January, when they were still designing it.
Thanks for the info. How much lift did you get from the springs?
Old 03-29-2008, 06:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the info. How much lift did you get from the springs?
A shit ton...the forget the measurements I took, but the front sits higher than the rear the way everything is right now...now if I could just get my Shrockworks bumper to come in, everything would end up sitting level.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok thanks. Now I got to figure out what I am going to do. When I ordered this off the northridge site the only information they had was a 2.5 BB w/front springs. When I spoke to Dave I told what I want and nothing was said about these being HD springs and giving me more than 2.5". I have no intention of an after market bumper i just preferred the springs over pucks and I am keeping my stock wheels/tires. So now its time to start thinking. Do you have any pictures not wheeling so I can see what its like?

Thanks again.

Quick Reply: TF BB2.5 trackbar bracket