Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TF BB2.5 trackbar bracket

Old 03-28-2008, 02:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine was missing also i got a 7/16 x1 washers and nut grade 8 from work very easy instal seemed to help my wandering problem a lot
Old 03-29-2008, 04:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mine is missing that bolt too. I guess TF has a minor operations issue. A couple of bucks and you can fix it yourself. I'm more disappointed that I had to get the install instructions from this site. I called TF, TFP and send a PM to the TF who posts on this board and noone could provide me instructions on how to install the darn thing. Now that I see it installed it seems easy enough but I am not at the level where I feel comfortable figuring this stuff out yet.

Last edited by sjbissett; 03-29-2008 at 05:17 AM.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

my kit was also missing that bolt

because it wasn't there I didn't install it...I really don't see how there could be very much play in the trackbar without that bolt. The flat side is about flush with the old bracket so how is it going to rotate?

Almost doesn't seem worth it to even go buy the bolt and drill through the metal
Old 03-29-2008, 06:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to install my lift myself as I'm out of town on the weekends for the next month or so and I couldn't wait. It doesn't look like this was installed on mine. Does the relocation bracket come with all of the new kits? I just got mine Wednesday and had it installed Thursday.

I do have more of a wandering issue on the highway than I would have thought. Could this be the problem? From all of the posts I read about how good the handling was with this kit, I'm a little dissapointed. Also installed 33" MT ATZ's.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:24 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by sjbissett
Mine is missing that bolt too. I guess TF has a minor operations issue. A couple of bucks and you can fix it yourself. I'm more disappointed that I had to get the install instructions from this site. I called TF, TFP and send a PM to the TF who posts on this board and noone could provide me instructions on how to install the darn thing. Now that I see it installed it seems easy enough but I am not at the level where I feel comfortable figuring this stuff out yet.
My main frustration wasnt so much the missing bolt or directions, what irritated me the most was Teraflex plus insisting it was complete without that bolt. The customer service rep probably had a bad Bill of materials that didnt list the bolt, and that same BOM might be why so many of us are missing the bolt. Then not hearing back from them in over a week increased my frustration.

Im a very patient person, especially with backorders etc., but it bugs the shit out of me when Im left in the dark. Just let me know, "yes its missing the bolt" or "the backorder might take 6 months" fine, at least I know. One of my main job functions is parts and dealing with suppliers, so I understand how much a pain in the ass it is when something is backordered or missing.... Ok Im off my soap box on that.

My other issue is what if someone who didnt know it needed that bolt installed it and then had a trackbar failure that caused an accident? Without a BOM, directions, this forum, or customer service that knew its missing a bolt, how would someone really know for sure it needed a bolt there? Sure there is a hole, but if customer service "no, the kit is complete" most people would tend to listen. It the same type of thing with the axle mounted trackbar brackets, it came with the kit, Im sure the manufacturer has things figured out. Then snap! no more trackbar mount. Im not trying to pick on one manufacturer in particuliar, Im just ranting about the lack of QC and testing in general. I worked in manufacturing for several years and I know new products have problems, but with extra testing and QC most of those issues can be worked out. Thats why Im always very patient with waiting for new products to come out, Id rather the manufacturer take a few more weeks or months to work the bugs out. I can wait for a good, tested part.

So yes, I can go to the local hardware store and get a bolt. But thats not the point.

Last edited by bly109; 03-29-2008 at 06:37 AM.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:30 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bly109
My main frustration wasnt so much the missing bolt or directions, what irritated me the most was Teraflex plus insisting it was complete without that bolt. The customer service rep probably had a bad Bill of materials that didnt list the bolt, and that same BOM might be why so many of us are missing the bolt. Then not hearing back from them in over a week increased my frustration.

Im a very patient person, especially with backorders etc., but it bugs the shit out of me when Im left in the dark. Just let me know, "yes its missing the bolt" or "the backorder might take 6 months" fine, at least I know. One of my main job functions is parts and dealing with suppliers, so I understand how much a pain in the ass it is when something is backordered or missing.... Ok Im off my soap box on that.

My other issue is what if someone who didnt know it needed that bolt installed it and then had a trackbar failure that caused an accident? Without a BOM, directions, this forum, or customer service that knew its missing a bolt, how would someone really know for sure it needed a bolt there? Sure there is a hole, but if customer service "no, the kit is complete" most people would tend to listen. It the same type of thing with the axle mounted trackbar brackets, it came with the kit, Im sure the manufacturer has things figured out. Then snap! no more trackbar mount. Im not trying to pick on one manufacturer in particuliar, Im just ranting about the lack of QC and testing in general. I worked in manufacturing for several years and I know new products have problems, but with extra testing and QC most of those issues can be worked out. Thats why Im always very patient with waiting for new products to come out, Id rather the manufacturer take a few more weeks or months to work the bugs out. I can wait for a good, tested part.

So yes, I can go to the local hardware store and get a bolt. But thats not the point.
Brian....

Not to highjack the thread, but I'm gonna...I noticed you have the Rockhard skid, how much if any did the extra weight drop your front end? Do you like it? Is it worth the extra bucks over some of the others out there? Thanks......you may resume your normal programing....Thanks

Last edited by BaltChief; 03-29-2008 at 06:34 AM.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Bly,

All very good points. The pic on TF's post announcing the product has both bolts so it must be on a BOM somewhere.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/sponsoring-manufacturers-vendors-check-out-cyber-monday-specials-24/teraflex-rear-trackbar-bracket-2-5-bb-28985/
Old 03-29-2008, 06:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

It will probably help with your wandering problem. Flip talks about it above and so does another poster on this thread..https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...t=28985&page=5

Originally Posted by gointoheli
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to install my lift myself as I'm out of town on the weekends for the next month or so and I couldn't wait. It doesn't look like this was installed on mine. Does the relocation bracket come with all of the new kits? I just got mine Wednesday and had it installed Thursday.

I do have more of a wandering issue on the highway than I would have thought. Could this be the problem? From all of the posts I read about how good the handling was with this kit, I'm a little dissapointed. Also installed 33" MT ATZ's.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:02 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BaltChief
Brian....

Not to highjack the thread, but I'm gonna...I noticed you have the Rockhard skid, how much if any did the extra weight drop your front end? Do you like it? Is it worth the extra bucks over some of the others out there? Thanks......you may resume your normal programing....Thanks
HIJACKER!!!! I think the ship weight was 57lbs on that skid It dropped my front about 1/8-1/4". That was with stock springs and I didnt meaure, so Im just making a wild ass guess. Your Rusty's springs probably have a higher spring rate then stock, so I doubt you will lose even an 1/8". The main reason I went with the rock hard was because it continued coverage all the way to the crossmember. It also covers the cats. For me, especially with all the rock targets under the 4dr, it was definitely worth the extra bucks.

Originally Posted by sjbissett
Bly,

All very good points. The pic on TF's post announcing the product has both bolts so it must be on a BOM somewhere.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28985
Yeah, Im sure its listed on a BOM somewhere. But with all the people missing the bolt, something is screwed up somewhere. But Teraflex is a quality company, so Im sure they will make things right.

Im just thankful for all the great info and people on this forum. It usually saves me alot of frustration! Plus the venting helps... Im also glad that we have a good Teraflex rep who keeps an eye on things and will do his best to solve any issues
Old 03-29-2008, 07:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Im just thankful for all the great info and people on this forum. It usually saves me alot of frustration! Plus the venting helps... Im also glad that we have a good Teraflex rep who keeps an eye on things and will do his best to solve any issues

Agree totall!!!

Quick Reply: TF BB2.5 trackbar bracket