Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TF BB2.5 trackbar bracket

Old 03-26-2008, 11:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TF BB2.5 trackbar bracket

Hey guys,
Got TF BB2.5" came with the new rear trackbar bracket. But no directions or info so didnt install it yet. Can someone help me out with this pics or install instructions. I want to put it on tommorow at work.

Thanks Danielle
Old 03-26-2008, 12:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just ran into the same thing last night....

The relocation bracket will bolt into the current bracket, on the top side (passenger side) of your jk. The silver spacer goes in between the holes to support the metal when you tighten the bolt. Just use the stock bolt and nut on the track bar when you install it in the hole.

The new bracket lowers where the track bar connects. It should only slide into place one way.

good luck
Old 03-26-2008, 12:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blacknblue2002
I just ran into the same thing last night....

The relocation bracket will bolt into the current bracket, on the top side (passenger side) of your jk. The silver spacer goes in between the holes to support the metal when you tighten the bolt. Just use the stock bolt and nut on the track bar when you install it in the hole.

The new bracket lowers where the track bar connects. It should only slide into place one way.

good luck
Can you please post a pic?
Old 03-26-2008, 07:42 PM
JK Newbie

Default Here's mine

I put my bracket on when I installed the lift. Easy install. You do need to drill one hole to hold the top of the relocation bracket in place so it doesn't pivot on you.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Don't know if that will help with your alignment or not. Mine pulls slighty to the right, pulls harder when braking, but I haven't had my front re-aligned yet though.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Good pics. Thanks.

I don't think my alignment is off. I just think that the steering is alot more sensitive to any movement and the vehicle drifts to either side alot easier.

I think installing this bracket will help. What about the front?

Originally Posted by johnrobv
I put my bracket on when I installed the lift. Easy install. You do need to drill one hole to hold the top of the relocation bracket in place so it doesn't pivot on you.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Don't know if that will help with your alignment or not. Mine pulls slighty to the right, pulls harder when braking, but I haven't had my front re-aligned yet though.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:20 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Those sure look like grade 5 bolts. I would use at least grade 8 or even 10.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:00 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Those sure look like grade 5 bolts. I would use at least grade 8 or even 10.
The bottom bolt holding the trackbar to the new bracket is factory. The bolt directly above it holding the TF bracket to the factory trackbar mount came from TF. Don't know what grade they are. I'll try and take a look later. You're referring to the number on the end of the bolt for the grade, right?
Old 03-27-2008, 11:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

The two bottom bolts are in double shear. For those, both 2 cross sections of the bolts would be exposed to shear at the same time if the fasteners were to come loose. The top bolt is only loaded in tension. Grade 5 bolts should be fine in this application. If everything stays tight, all proper bolted interfaces should only have the bolts in tension anyway.

I'll also add that for this application grade 5 bolts and nuts from a reputable and verifiable source is much better than some scary grade 8 from who knows where.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

[IMG][/IMG]
Did everyone else get this bolt in their kit? The one that keeps the bracket from moving.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:11 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by cjsdad
Did everyone else get this bolt in their kit? The one that keeps the bracket from moving.
Nope, Im missing the bolt. Im a little frustrated with Teraflex plus too. I contacted them and asked them if I should have one and they said "no, its complete" I emailed them back to question that and they havent gotten back to me . I guess I'll just have to call when I get a chance. I'll probably get my own bolt this weekend and install it. Its just the point. I shouldve just waited for northridge 4x4 to get them in.....

Quick Reply: TF BB2.5 trackbar bracket