Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tf bb

Old 02-10-2011, 03:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tf bb

exactally what lift kit is everyone running with thats called a 2.5 inch BB from teraflex? im so confused right now. Can someone give me a link or something
Old 02-10-2011, 03:28 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

They have a bunch of different versions of their lifts, your best bet is to just go out to their website and look, or download their catalog, or PM them here on the site.

But, you are getting 2.5" front spacers, 2" rear spacers, rear links (and move your stock rear links up front), a rear trackbar bracket to recenter the rear axle, and your choice of shock extension brackets or new shocks (or you can go with no shocks or extensions and find your own).

If you like the ride on your current shocks, you will be fine with the extensions. If you want the front axle centered, look at a bracket or adj trackbar. If you find that the steering is a little flighty after the lift, look at a set of adj front control arms (but drive it first and see what you think). Don't recall if the kit comes with brake line extension brackets, but you might want a set for the rear. (or run to the hardware store and make some for less than $10)
Old 02-10-2011, 04:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
They have a bunch of different versions of their lifts, your best bet is to just go out to their website and look, or download their catalog, or PM them here on the site.

But, you are getting 2.5" front spacers, 2" rear spacers, rear links (and move your stock rear links up front), a rear trackbar bracket to recenter the rear axle, and your choice of shock extension brackets or new shocks (or you can go with no shocks or extensions and find your own).

If you like the ride on your current shocks, you will be fine with the extensions. If you want the front axle centered, look at a bracket or adj trackbar. If you find that the steering is a little flighty after the lift, look at a set of adj front control arms (but drive it first and see what you think). Don't recall if the kit comes with brake line extension brackets, but you might want a set for the rear. (or run to the hardware store and make some for less than $10)
That's why i was confused, theres so many 2.5 lifts i was just wondering what lift everyone was running
Old 02-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mkd1993
exactally what lift kit is everyone running with thats called a 2.5 inch BB from teraflex? im so confused right now. Can someone give me a link or something
Call me friday if you get a chance, I'll be more than happy to explain TeraFlex kits to you.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:52 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.teraflex.biz/jk-wrangler-...get-boost.html

linky for you