Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TF 4 Door 2.5" Coil Lift on 2 Door

Old 12-24-2012, 03:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed the Tereflex 4dr coil spring w/shocks 9550's lift on the advise of Dave from Northridge4x4.... I love it.
I would recommend it to anyone... that is wanting a 2 1/2 lift.....
I added a lot of weight with the front bumper, winch and skid plates under it.. and would hit my bump stops very easier..... not any more.... see my signature for mods.

here is basically what I got from it
stock front fender measurement point --- 31 5/8
installed RRXHD stub bumper with winch... --- 30 1/2
Tereflex shocks and coil spring lift (4DR) --- 34 3/8

I did not measure the rear... but it sets nice so 2 1/2 gain is what I figure...
I didn't add wheel spacers, different control arms.... etc.. but did have to upgrade the FDS..

on youtube i have tons of video if you'd like to see it..
jkjeepit

by the way I just installed the Tereflex 3T coil springs/shocks (9550's) on my daughter TJ and so far... so GOOD.... The TJ is different but it's a great company... Tereflex that is... I am sure others are good also.... ie OME... etc..

Last edited by JK-jeepit; 12-24-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hooper
I just installed a 2.5 TF coil kit. I did not even get 2" out of the rear. I heard everyone one tell me to expect more than advertised/named (2.5") lift but I did not. I talked to TF on the phone and I was told 2.1" on the phone for the rear.
Did you get around 3" up front to level things out on your 2dr or 4dr? I was looking at the 4dr TF lift for my 2dr because of a really good price IMO.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-jeepit
I installed the Tereflex 4dr coil spring w/shocks 9550's lift on the advise of Dave from Northridge4x4.... I love it.
I would recommend it to anyone... that is wanting a 2 1/2 lift.....
I added a lot of weight with the front bumper, winch and skid plates under it.. and would hit my bump stops very easier..... not any more.... see my signature for mods.

here is basically what I got from it
stock front fender measurement point --- 31 5/8
installed RRXHD stub bumper with winch... --- 30 1/2
Tereflex shocks and coil spring lift (4DR) --- 34 3/8

on youtube i have tons of video if you'd like to see it..
jkjeepit
Good info. After install, did you get to drive it around before adding the extra rate? I am wondering if the ride quality on the street is any stiffer with with the 4dr lift on a 2 dr? You know different spring rates for the JK vs. the JKU???
Old 12-24-2012, 03:40 PM
JK Super Freak

right after I installed it

when I first bought it
Old 12-24-2012, 03:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jumpmaster

OK, good info. So with an actual 2 door 2.5" TF lift, if the coils are actually marked as 3", could I expect to net 3 to 3+"? Thanks.
You should get a little more than 3" with a kit that is labeled as a 3" 2door lift. If you want 2.5" of lift get a 2.5" kit for a 2 door.

Depending on how much weight you add to your jeep you will get some sag. As my jeep sits now I have 3 1/8" lift in the front and 3" in the rear. Without all the weight I would probably be sitting closer to 4" or more.

Btw pintlers have over 5" back spacing so you might need spacers to avoid rubbing.

Last edited by JE8154; 12-24-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Good info. After install, did you get to drive it around before adding the extra rate? I am wondering if the ride quality on the street is any stiffer with with the 4dr lift on a 2 dr? You know different spring rates for the JK vs. the JKU???
So this is what my mods where and the order.
front bumper (w/o storage caps) and winch... 2 months after I bought it.. front dropped ~ an inch..
off road was a lot of bump stop hitting at not so high of speeds...
Skid plates.... more weight added .... not much different in off road ride.
Lift.... HUGH IMPROVEMENT... offroad and ON road... great ride... we have gone to Moab 2 times and we make 4-6 trips into Colorado a year... Jeep is 2 yrs old DOB Oct 2010, most my mods where completed by March of 2011... so if your going to add bumper and a winch and skid plates this will be a good choice... I would upgrade your stock shocks though..

running stock tires until they wear out...

Last edited by JK-jeepit; 12-24-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-jeepit
right after I installed it

when I first bought it
Looks good dude. I like the forest green. I had a 98 Cherokee in the same color. She was one reliable ride.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

i installed this lift (TF 2.5" 4dr lift) a year ago in my 2dr rubicon... I got 3.25" up front and close to 2.75" in the rear... leveled it out and looks great. I think it's settled a bit, and I am adding 3/4" coil spacers soon.

anyway, great lift, ride is decent, although I am changing to Bilstein shocks as soon as I have the time to swap them out.

Only other thing I am running is a TF monster front track bar. OEM control arms and driveshafts...

here's a pic right after install with 33" tires...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000229.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	401676  
Old 12-25-2012, 05:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TXJfrosty
i installed this lift (TF 2.5" 4dr lift) a year ago in my 2dr rubicon... I got 3.25" up front and close to 2.75" in the rear... leveled it out and looks great. I think it's settled a bit, and I am adding 3/4" coil spacers soon.

anyway, great lift, ride is decent, although I am changing to Bilstein shocks as soon as I have the time to swap them out.

Only other thing I am running is a TF monster front track bar. OEM control arms and driveshafts...

here's a pic right after install with 33" tires...
Those are pretty good numbers, lift wise on your rig. I read about plenty of guys that get a 2.5" from certain company's and end up with around 4" or so more of lift. Your numbers is kind of what I would have expected even with the 2dr TF lift. Stance looks good in your pic. when you say the ride is "decent", can you elaborate? A little stiffer? I have also considered the Rubicon Express coil lift from 4Wheel Parts and it runs around $380 for the 2 dr. I am just wondering how the coils ride (soft, firm, like a brick). Merry Christmas.
Old 12-25-2012, 05:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Did you get around 3" up front to level things out on your 2dr or 4dr? I was looking at the 4dr TF lift for my 2dr because of a really good price IMO.
I got a little over 3" in front which should be good for bumper/winch.

Quick Reply: TF 4 Door 2.5" Coil Lift on 2 Door