Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TF 4 Door 2.5" Coil Lift on 2 Door

Old 12-24-2012, 10:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TF 4 Door 2.5" Coil Lift on 2 Door

I found a site that offers the TF 2.5" coil lift for $409 shipped, but it looks like the part number (TERA-1351000) is for a 4 door. If I pulled the trigger and ordered this for my 2 door rubi, what can I expect?
More lift than I would get with the 2 door lift? A stiffer ride, etc?
Even though the price is right, I do not want to end up with sub-par ride. Thanks to anyone that may have some insight to this.

Merry Christmas All!
Old 12-24-2012, 10:41 AM
JK Junkie

All the major vendors on here will price match and will help you choose best. Give one of them a PM and they'll get you squared away nicely.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Delux2769
All the major vendors on here will price match and will help you choose best. Give one of them a PM and they'll get you squared away nicely.
Good copy. Price aside, I am still curious about the differance in height and ride. I guess it would be similar to the guys that do the unlimited spring swap on the 2 door?
Old 12-24-2012, 11:06 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can expect about 3.5" of lift or more. Teraflex coils are marketed as 2.5" 4door/3" 2door. They don't have 2 door or 4 door specific coils. Their 4" coils for a 4door are the same as their 6" coils for a 2 door.

So expect way more than 2.5" of lift. If you're ordering shocks you should take this into account as well. You'll end up needing shocks for a 3-4" lift or more. You'll need to consider front lower control arms, rear upper control arms, and drive shafts, possibly break lines too.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:12 AM
Former Vendor

This kit will work for you. What wheels are you running? If they are stock wheels you will need wheel spacers, which are 1.25" thick. I personally do not recommend wheel spacers. I would rather see you running a wheel with the correct back spacing of 4.5" or less.

PM me if you are interested in ordering or if you need more information.

Merry Christmas to you too!!
Old 12-24-2012, 12:59 PM
JK Newbie

When making the jump from a 2.5'' lift to a 3'' lift there are a lot of additional components that will be needed, such as: front drive shaft, brake lines, front lower control arms, drag link flip kit, and a adjustable front track bar. This is something to keep in mind when making your decision and is what ultimately made me choose their 2.5'' lift for my 2dr.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Smashboogie 4x4
This kit will work for you. What wheels are you running? If they are stock wheels you will need wheel spacers, which are 1.25" thick. I personally do not recommend wheel spacers. I would rather see you running a wheel with the correct back spacing of 4.5" or less.

PM me if you are interested in ordering or if you need more information.

Merry Christmas to you too!!
I will be running Pintlers with 35" Duratracs so BS should be good. How much total lift did you net from using the 2.5" -4 door kit? Are you running LCA's, front adj. track bar, exhaust spacer or new drive shaft, etc? Do you have some pics for referance?

BTW, the other kit I was looking at was the Rubicon Express 2.5" lift. It comes with the same items (minus shocks/extentions) and averages about $100 less than the TF kits. I will be going with the Fox smooth bosies.
So what I am wondering; are the springs of $100 less quality or are you paying extra for the TF name (same as AEV)?
Thanks.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JE8154
You can expect about 3.5" of lift or more. Teraflex coils are marketed as 2.5" 4door/3" 2door. They don't have 2 door or 4 door specific coils. Their 4" coils for a 4door are the same as their 6" coils for a 2 door.

So expect way more than 2.5" of lift. If you're ordering shocks you should take this into account as well. You'll end up needing shocks for a 3-4" lift or more. You'll need to consider front lower control arms, rear upper control arms, and drive shafts, possibly break lines too.
OK, good info. So with an actual 2 door 2.5" TF lift, if the coils are actually marked as 3", could I expect to net 3 to 3+"? Thanks.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kangaroo14
When making the jump from a 2.5'' lift to a 3'' lift there are a lot of additional components that will be needed, such as: front drive shaft, brake lines, front lower control arms, drag link flip kit, and a adjustable front track bar. This is something to keep in mind when making your decision and is what ultimately made me choose their 2.5'' lift for my 2dr.
Kangaroo,
Did you end up with the TF 2.5" lift or other? What did you actually net for lift after install? Thanks.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just installed a 2.5 TF coil kit. I did not even get 2" out of the rear. I heard everyone one tell me to expect more than advertised/named (2.5") lift but I did not. I talked to TF on the phone and I was told 2.1" on the phone for the rear.

Quick Reply: TF 4 Door 2.5" Coil Lift on 2 Door