Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TF 2.5" front 1" rear ???

Old 02-16-2010, 04:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by F-MAN-SS
i am having the same issue. Daystar makes a 1 &3/4" Spacer or 3/4" spacer i can't find a 1" either. I have the TF 2.5" Spring & it still sits about 1/2" lower in front i prefer up in front. so once i get the winch & Body Armor front bumper. They have a new bumper with winch plate for $400 check it out. i will need to add a spacer in front. also will be adding ext. brake lines. don't know if any of this helps
TeraFlex make a 1" spacer for front and rear http://northridge4x4.com/products.php?cat=125

I can't find anyone who makes a 1.5" rear though... does anyone know if the removing the rear stock isolator will give 1.5" of lift with a 1 3/4" spacer as noted above? Better yet; what is the stock isolator?
Old 02-16-2010, 05:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would not remove any isolators.

Have you considered an OME HD front and regular OME rear? If that does not level it out, you could throw on a 3/4" spacer up front.
I have a stubby + winch up front and a steel full width + carrier in the rear. I went OME HD front/rear + 3/4" spacer up front. Level and I love it!
Old 02-16-2010, 05:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shredX
I would not remove any isolators.

Have you considered an OME HD front and regular OME rear? If that does not level it out, you could throw on a 3/4" spacer up front.
I have a stubby + winch up front and a steel full width + carrier in the rear. I went OME HD front/rear + 3/4" spacer up front. Level and I love it!
thanks, i didn't think that sounded like the best idea.

I've thought about HD springs up front, but with Rubicon tires and no plans to go bigger in the near future I don't want too much lift. just thinking the easiest and cheapest way to go for now is through a 1.5" spacer in the rear and have the look of the TF leveling kit plus .5"
Old 02-16-2010, 11:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

I currently have a 2.5" TF spacer in the front with nothing in the rear...I've got a bumper and winch combo...I also am running xenon's...My jeep sits just over level. I didnt do anything else...but thats all getting ready to change..Ohhh, and I was running the Rubi wheels and tires...no issues
Old 02-16-2010, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Marshall
I currently have a 2.5" TF spacer in the front with nothing in the rear...I've got a bumper and winch combo...I also am running xenon's...My jeep sits just over level. I didnt do anything else...but thats all getting ready to change..Ohhh, and I was running the Rubi wheels and tires...no issues
Cool, so you're saying with 2.5 front an 1 rear it should sit very close to level? Also how is it aerodynamically, does the the hood bounce around like hell w/out the rake or negative rake ? Do you have any pictures?

Thanks!
Old 02-16-2010, 02:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MMO blk JK
thanks, i didn't think that sounded like the best idea.

I've thought about HD springs up front, but with Rubicon tires and no plans to go bigger in the near future I don't want too much lift. just thinking the easiest and cheapest way to go for now is through a 1.5" spacer in the rear and have the look of the TF leveling kit plus .5"
Somebody's BB install instructions, I don't remember which brand anymore, said that you could fine tune the height by retaining/removing the stock isolator for more/less lift out of the spacers. If anything, removal of the isolater just may transfer more road noise into the frame.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/x...1016091354.jpg

Hope this helps, also I just recently got the hood bounce @ 75mph and a very strong headwind...but other than that drives perfectly no issues...

Quick Reply: TF 2.5" front 1" rear ???