Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TF 2.5 Coil + OME Long Travel Shocks

Old 07-01-2011, 07:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump for anyone else who is running this combo and could chime in on the ride quality and flex and any potential issues.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running that exact combo (also purchased from Dave) - flex is awesome! Tons of droop. I have yet to lift a front tire and I've tried hard! You really need to extend the front brake lines - I haven't yet but I'm playing with fire.
As far as the ride goes - it's certainly stiffer than stock but stock is way to soft. Took me a little to get used to it.
I'm running the AEV drop brackets instead of the LCA's but I'm hoping to change that next week.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well the lift is on the Jeep and everything is running really nicely. With my new control arms and trackbars the steering actually seems tighter than stock!

The ride is definitely firmer but it feels more solid at the same time, so you'll feel the bumps probably a bit more but you'll also feel more stable at the same time if that makes any sense.

The only thing my mechanic advised me was to purchase the teraflex 1/2" spring guides. He said while the jeep was on the lift at full droop the spring could unseat. He said the chances on the trail of this happening were relatively low, but were possible if I high-centered.

Overall I'm very happy!

Quick Reply: TF 2.5 Coil + OME Long Travel Shocks