Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TF 2.5" Coil lift and TF leveling kit, best of both worlds

Old 07-27-2011, 02:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TF 2.5" Coil lift and TF leveling kit, best of both worlds

Not sure if this has been done before but I have installed a TF 2.5" coil lift as well as TF leveling kit and I am very happy. I also installed coil wedges what seem to work well correcting my coil position. My jeep is noticeable higher and has still the stock ride without going for the coils for a 4" lift. Has anybody done this before?

I noticed a lot of bottoming out when I was on expedition, my jeep was very much loaded in the back, I hope with the extra inch lift I won't bottom out so much, time will tell of course. I am slightly concerned as I haven't change my EKLA's so they are still officially only for a 2.5" lift, so far so good.

I was also amazed how abrasive mud is as I had almost no paint on my skid plates, axles and chassis anymore so I couldn't resist to take of my axle and paint it properly......

Old 07-27-2011, 04:51 AM
JK Freak

The paint Job looks great. I only wish jeep have done it from the begining at the factory -
Old 07-27-2011, 08:00 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Tuto
The paint Job looks great. I only wish jeep have done it from the begining at the factory -
Indeed, why does jeep give it so little attention, I was shocked with the amount of rust on my jeep being only 10months old
Old 07-27-2011, 08:37 PM
JK Super Freak

I had the leveling kit and just put the 2.5 inch coil lift but only kept 1 spacer in the front was thinking I could put the other fronts in and rears down the road if I feel I need it. I would rather go with flat flares and trimming than more lift IMO.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:37 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

I have about 1.5" or rear end sag with the hardtop (and MBRP rack) on and partly loaded down. I have a new set of OME HD springs to replace the rear TF 2.5" coils and see what that provides. After that I may need to add a spacer to the rear. But, I also run this Jeep without all of the heavy hardware, so need a solution that doesn't require adding spacers just because I have the softop installed. I hope the OME springs suffer less with changing weight than the TF.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:59 AM
JK Freak

Hi Mark,

Let me know how you get on. She drives fine at the moment, actually better than I had expected, I think the adjustable trackbar helped spacing out my axel as well. I am also impressed with the coil wedges, keeing the coils nicely in line and I would definitely recommend these.

I haven't run her with the top off.....mmmmm.....you might be right that with the hardtop and MBRP off I might be struggling with the 'reach' of my ELKA shocks, didn't think about this......let's see how it goes.

I haven't installed the spacers in the front as jet, maybe I can find time this weekend.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interested to see how it sits when u finish, make sure you post up some photos when done. this was the route I was thinking of taking but went with clayton 3.5 coils. I just ordered yesterday so I dont know if I made right decision.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:00 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Markdsv
... I am also impressed with the coil wedges, keeing the coils nicely in line and I would definitely recommend these...
Already have. Yes, they do their job well.

Quick Reply: TF 2.5" Coil lift and TF leveling kit, best of both worlds