Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TF 2.5 Coil lift kit - whats a good install price

Old 06-06-2012, 03:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I paid $250 to have mine put on.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

I agree do it yourself. I did mine and it took me a little longer than 10 hours, 6 hours first day and then about 4 the next. I did it all by my self except for needed help putting the passenger side coil in (that was a bear to get in and I even had coil compressor from auto zone that didn't cost anything to rent). I't really is an easy kit to install and recommend if you have the tools do it yourself. Plenty of advice on install and teraflex has a good video.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:50 PM
JK Newbie

To answer your question, I paid $350 to have the TF 2.5 coil kit installed.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I agree, do it yourself. Me and 2 friends did it in about 6 hours (including a lot of BSing and a lunch break). It's fairly straight forward and that's coming from someone who had 0 mechanical ability about 6months ago when I did the install.

You'll save money and be more familiar with your JKs suspension components afterwards.

As suggested you need 2 beefy jack stands and a torque wrench, other than that it's all basic tools.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:21 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did mine myself (with a little help from my son) in 6 hours including installing the rear bumper/tire carrier.

I prefer to put my money in the tools!!

Good luck!
Old 07-14-2012, 03:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Done now

It was more than I could handle, I got it done today, am very happy.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...1/#post3114655
Old 07-15-2012, 09:16 AM
JK Newbie

I did mine yesterday by myself after watching a few install vids online. It took about 6 hours and all I had was a jack, two stands and hand tools. I learned a lot but it was a pain getting the springs back in after the spacers. Idknif its because my JKU is only a month old or what but dear lord, I couldn't get the axle to go any lower and it took everything I had to compress them ti get them to slide in. I'd never pay anyone to do something like that that so many people have done solo. Just get a buddy who knows the basics and your good. I can barely change my own oil if that shows how mechanical I am haha, so knock it out man
Old 07-15-2012, 02:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

You are right, as I watched everything go together I could have done it, but it would have been a bear as well. It was nice just to watch it all go together while the stress of getting the coils in and flexing the suspension was not really mine. To be honest the next time, I can probably do it, having seen it all. No jeep or auto buds nearby however.

Quick Reply: TF 2.5 Coil lift kit - whats a good install price