Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TF 2.5 Coil lift kit - whats a good install price

Old 06-06-2012, 05:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TF 2.5 Coil lift kit - whats a good install price

Whats a good install price from a shop for TF 2.5 Coil lift. The big boys shop is very expensive I can get about 280 from the local guy on the corner who's installed some big Ford/Chevy lifts that I see every day at his shop.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:23 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't do it for only $280! If that guy knows what he is doing just let him do it.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:23 AM
JK Freak

$280 is actually not a bad price for an install. On the other hand, it is fairly straight forward and easy to do with a minimum amount of tools, some jack stands and a torque wrench. You could probably buy the tools for the same amount and do it yourself plus have the tools if you are mechanically inclined.

Most people here will recommend that you do it yourself, but I have also seen some people who have no mechanical ability get themselves into trouble that they need some advice or help with. If you have another vehicle that you can use if you need to run for parts or tools and can be without the Jeep for a day or two if you mess up, then doing the job yourself can be fun and rewarding!
Old 06-06-2012, 05:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just did this lift myself a couple weeks ago. It took me about 6 hours by myself. There were a few things that were very frustrating, but I got through it. My local shop wanted 400 to install this lift.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:31 AM
Che
JK Newbie

I Installed mine in less than 5 hours with a buddy. It's a fairly simple install. ! Give it a try ! That's the fun part ! I'm sure you can hook up with a jk owner in your area who will help for a few beers !
Old 06-06-2012, 08:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

I concur with the DIY'ers here. Our Jeeps are really easy to work on. I did my RK 2.5" in about 8 hours taking my sweet time. Absolutely zero issues.

My local 4x4 shop quoted $800+ to do it. NFW was i paying that.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:39 AM
JK Jedi

I have installed most my lifts. If they were only $280 I never would pick up a wrench. These guys are saying 5-6 hours... divide $280 by 5-6 hours. My time is worth more.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cpt. Flapjack
$280 is actually not a bad price for an install. On the other hand, it is fairly straight forward and easy to do with a minimum amount of tools, some jack stands and a torque wrench. You could probably buy the tools for the same amount and do it yourself plus have the tools if you are mechanically inclined.

Most people here will recommend that you do it yourself, but I have also seen some people who have no mechanical ability get themselves into trouble that they need some advice or help with. If you have another vehicle that you can use if you need to run for parts or tools and can be without the Jeep for a day or two if you mess up, then doing the job yourself can be fun and rewarding!
x2 I'd rec you do the lift yourself, it is very do-able in a home garage. If you dont have any tools and/or time, then $280 is a low-end price to pay a competent mechanic.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz-R5E-NPQg Install video for this kit, you can do it!
Old 06-06-2012, 03:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for all the info guys, we'll see how I feel when I have the parts in hand, they are on the truck now!

Quick Reply: TF 2.5 Coil lift kit - whats a good install price