Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TF 2.5" coil lift and ESP warning?

Old 04-23-2010, 05:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TF 2.5" coil lift and ESP warning?

I recently installed a TF 2.5" coil lift w/shocks, adj. front TB and TF quick discos. I re-checked the torque after 3-400 miles and tightened a few bolts. Just this week on the way to work I find that the ESP light has kicked on a few times with moderate speed cornering on pavement. This did not occur for the first few weeks of having the lift. Has anyone else experienced this after installing a lift? Is there any concern? I assume that the new drivetrain geometry is causing the computer to react differently.
All thoughts and help appreciated

I'm not a big fan of all of the electronic wizardry that is incorporated into the JK.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:02 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

did you double check to make sure your steering wheel is centered? also, what size tires are you running and how much air are you running in them?
Old 04-23-2010, 06:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

WOL and others on the board know a lot more about this than I do, but I had a similar problem when I installed the 2.5" lift. I resolved the issue by installing Lower Control Arms and rolling in 6 degrees of caster. Now I have to be moving faster than I should around a corner to get the skid control to kick in.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:13 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
did you double check to make sure your steering wheel is centered? also, what size tires are you running and how much air are you running in them?
X2 on the sterring wheel being centered.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:29 AM
JK Newbie

like mentioned above make sure ur steering wheel is centered. The ESP will learn ur driving habits. Mine would kick on too when I first installed lift. I was going to disable it but since has not came back on in a few months. So I left it be.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

The steering wheel was centered.
I'm running 33" BFG ATs, which I had before the lift. PSI ~ 32-35, though I have not checked it in a while. I'm running the stock control arms. The steering difference after the lift is really not noticeable. Not flighty at all even at highway speeds. The ride and handling is actually very good as most TF owners will attest to. I'll keep an eye on the ESP. I assume that there is no potemtial for any damage.

Thanks-
TW
Old 04-23-2010, 07:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just installed my lift about 200 miles ago and I find that on on- and off-ramps I am getting the ESP to kick in as well. Stearing wheel is centered (paid for an alignment) and I have the LCAs installed as well. Someone mentioned that ESP learns your dirving habits? How long does it take to learn? Do I have to flash the computer or anything?

Quick Reply: TF 2.5" coil lift and ESP warning?