Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TF 2.5 Coil kit & wheels...What else is needed?

Old 03-10-2010, 07:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TF 2.5 Coil kit & wheels...What else is needed?

After days of searching and weeding out all the options, I've decided to go with the Teraflex 2.5 coil lift. I'm also set on the 35" Mickey Thompson MTZ's, and Rugged Ridge wheels.

I've also decided to get the Bushwacker flat fenders...and the Rugged Ridge shorty front bumper with winch mount and stinger bar...

Now if I could only make up my mind on rock rails and a rear bumper with carrier...

So...my question is...

Besides JKS quicker discos up front, is there anything else that I should get with the lift kit? I like doing things the right way the first time and want to have all the pieces before I put the puzzle together.

And any suggestions on which wheels would look better on a Deep Water Blue Pearl Unlimited would be appreciated too!

Rugged Ridge Satin Black or Satin Black w/ Polished Lip?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SatinBlack.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	3.6 KB
ID:	38604  
Attached Images  
Old 03-10-2010, 07:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't suppose anyone has pictures of a Deep Water Blue Pearl Unlimited with these wheels, eh?
Old 03-10-2010, 07:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, I would reccommend a front adjustable trackbar to center your front axle and front lower control arms to adjust caster to help the flighty ride.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks. I was looking at several track bars and control arms, just not sure which ones to go with yet. And I really REALLY like the all black wheels also. I'll probably go with those, but the polished lip catches my eye too.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bosox5
Yep, I would reccommend a front adjustable trackbar to center your front axle and front lower control arms to adjust caster to help the flighty ride.

x2 i just purchased the 2.5'' kit as well and was recommended to get the front adjustable trackbar and front lower control arms.

i vote with the silver lip
Old 03-10-2010, 08:34 PM
JK Junkie

You should be good I would just cut the fenders instead of buying new ones.

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ry-fender-chop
Old 03-10-2010, 08:36 PM
JK Junkie

As far as wheels here is what I like

Old 03-11-2010, 05:36 AM
JK Freak

When I put on my 2.5 coil lift, they didn't have an adjustable track bar. So I still don't have one and the ride is fine....
You will like the kit and the ride..
Old 03-11-2010, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for all the help.

I am gonna go with the Teraflex Monster adjustable front track bar, and Teraflex Monster front lower control arms.

Would I benefit from getting the entire Teraflex Monster flex arm system? Are the rear ones needed? I won't be doing any major wheeling until this time next year (After I move to California this summer), but when I do, I'll be out every weekend!

Kupost, those were the ones I picked out originally, but after looking around more, I found that a lot of people have them already. I have only found 1 pic on this forum with the RR wheels, and don't know anyone with them. I really like the all black satin, and would like to get ones that not a lot of people have. But those are definitely some nice wheels.

Anyone got pics of the RR wheels on their Jeep? Blue or not?
Old 03-11-2010, 07:11 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Bosox5
Yep, I would recommend a front adjustable trackbar to center your front axle and front lower control arms to adjust caster to help the flighty ride.
X2... not needed with this lift height but will fine tune the steering and handling since you'll gain about 3" of lift up front. and I hear ya about trying to get it right the first time !!!

and I vote for these ...

Quick Reply: TF 2.5 Coil kit & wheels...What else is needed?