Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TF 2.5" coil + 3/4" spacers vs Rancho sport 4"

Old 12-21-2012, 06:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TF 2.5" coil + 3/4" spacers vs Rancho sport 4"

I currently have a TF 2.5" coil lift kit plus 3/4" spacers on top. Found great deal on a new in box 4" Rancho sport kit on Craigslist (he's going long arm now). Question is will the Rancho gain me anything? My current setup netted about 3.5". Will the 4" give me a true 4" or more? Can I put my 3/4" spacer on the Rancho also? Will the Rancho differ in ride? flex?. Im happy with my ride but if I can gain another 1"-1.5" why not. Will cost me $350 with 9000 shocks. Sure I can sell my kit and recoop chunk of that. I will do the install so no money there. Guess wondering how one compares to the other in driving, wheeling, handling, etc..

Have basic TF kit with shocks and OEM control arms. Unlimited 2008 6 speed
Old 12-21-2012, 07:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Rancho has brackets to extend the factory arms. Actually, I'm not sure you can combine them and spacers.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the sport kit with 37" ProComp X-Terrains and Bushwacker flat fenders. Netted about 4.5 originally, but settled at about 4" exactly after some time and bumpers, winch, spare, etc.

The brackets that come with the Rancho kit were designed to give you the lift without compromising geometry. I would not add a spacer lift to it. I have wheeled it pretty hard and have had no issues. If you put some flats on, you will keep a LCG and clear your 37" without a problem. The point is to put on the large shoes while keeping CG as low as possible.

Quick Reply: TF 2.5" coil + 3/4" spacers vs Rancho sport 4"