Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Texas Tires?

Old 12-28-2007, 05:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texas Tires?

Hey I Live In South Texas And Round Here We Have Alot Of Sticky Mud As Well As Some Insane Rocks. I Need A Good Set Of Tires That An Handle Both As Well As Somewhat Decent For Daily Driving (for That All I Care About Is The Road Life On The Tire) And I Was Just Wondering If I Can Get Some Input
Old 12-28-2007, 08:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

how do ur MTZ handle? i thought they'd be good for mud & road and decent on the rocks (aired down). i liked how they looked on ur jeep at the Den. If i had the $$ i'd go with dick cepek mud country tires. i read good reviews about them and with the sipping, they should be good on the road. no real experience with them tho.

my next set of tires will be firestone destination MTs. they are fairy quiet (for MTs) and the handle well in the sticky stuff and on road are pretty sticky. but, the largest size is 33" and thats fine for me. if i get a good bonuses in the next year.... i might go with 35" dick cepek MC myself

Last edited by jkx0778; 12-28-2007 at 02:14 PM.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

the MTZ handle well but becuase of thier soft compound they pick up verything on the road and on rocks they are tearing to peices

Quick Reply: Texas Tires?