Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Terrible Wobble

Old 12-16-2013, 05:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Terrible Wobble

I replaced some stiff 4" procomp springs with some 4.5" synergy springs. It lifted it almost another inch. Immediately I developed a wobble when I hit a bump that is hard to keep on the road. Not sure if I would consider it death wobble but it's scary. I immediately thought track bar but after replacing the bushings no change. The ball joints are only a few months old and all the track bars are in good shape. No difference in the camber that I can tell. It's only a little more lift than what I've had for 3 years so I'm thinking next about the drag link. It's pretty sloppy but havnt had any noticeable issues at all, or maybe the steering stabilizer. Which one would you guys chase after next?
Old 12-16-2013, 06:12 PM
JK Newbie

Default Fix the woble

Based on my history with the same issue, I would check the drag link first, then alignment and balance. Good Luck.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:16 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks. Just needed a boost. I'm gonna get the drag link flip kit as well while I'm at it.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 12-17-2013, 08:29 AM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cdenny
I replaced some stiff 4" procomp springs with some 4.5" synergy springs. It lifted it almost another inch. Immediately I developed a wobble when I hit a bump that is hard to keep on the road. Not sure if I would consider it death wobble but it's scary. I immediately thought track bar but after replacing the bushings no change. The ball joints are only a few months old and all the track bars are in good shape. No difference in the camber that I can tell. It's only a little more lift than what I've had for 3 years so I'm thinking next about the drag link. It's pretty sloppy but havnt had any noticeable issues at all, or maybe the steering stabilizer. Which one would you guys chase after next?
Watch the videos and read the first posts in this thread: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...obbles-260145/
Old 12-18-2013, 06:46 AM
JK Freak

Drang link, caster, alignment, and check every bolt in the suspension for anything loose. If its not doing it untill you hit a hole or dip in the road its not your tires. And if you cant find anthing or give up hydro assist will take it away lol <-- dont give up
Old 12-18-2013, 06:52 AM
JK Newbie

had bad wobble turns out it was the stock trac bar flexing. Bought the Teraflex monster trac bar and northridge bolt kit. Havent had problems since.

Quick Reply: Terrible Wobble