Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Terraflex performance leveling help.

Old 03-02-2021, 09:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Terraflex performance leveling help.

Hi guys, I recently ordered the terraflex performance leveling kit as well as a set of Fox 2.0 shocks for 1.5 to 3.5 inch lifts. Originally I had read this setup would work. Now I’m reading that due to the performance leveling kit only lifting the rear by 1 inch the rear shocks will remain compressed. I am not trying to return and upgrade to the 2.5 inch lift kit due to 32s and was hoping to keep the lift smaller. Is it possible to put a 1/2 inch spacer in the rear to correct this or do I need to return and go with the 2.5?
Old 03-02-2021, 05:49 PM
JK Newbie

The proper way is to measure your uptravel (bump stop space) is less than or equal to the shock uptravel (shaft showing). Shock length is more dictated by bumpstop added, so if you didnt add any bump stop you'll need stock length shocks.
Old 03-03-2021, 04:24 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,701 Posts

Originally Posted by Surreal
Is it possible to put a 1/2 inch spacer in the rear to correct this
There is nothing wrong with adding a small spacer at the top of the rear coils if you need to. This is one of those things that is just very hard to tell until you install things and see where they sit. That 1/2" isn't going to be the make or break difference though. As pointed out in the first post though, this is going to be more of a bumpstop thing. You want to avoid fully compressing the shock on uptravel. Simply add enough bumpstop to prevent that. If you never leave the pavement it's not a big deal. Heading off the pavement is where you need to worry more about proper bumpstops.
Old 03-07-2021, 11:16 PM
JK Newbie

I just completed the process of introducing it. The jeep looks precisely like jeep ought to have delivered it at the processing plant. Looks incredible! Took it out for a drive, and I'm stunned. It gobbles up development joints like they're not there. It's delicate and graceful, and had no issues at 75mph around turns on the parkway.

Quick Reply: Terraflex performance leveling help.