Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Terraflex 2.5 VS rough country 3.25! Will I get the same height? Or do I need 1 body?

Old 02-25-2010, 04:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Terraflex 2.5 VS rough country 3.25! Will I get the same height? Or do I need 1 body?

I'm stuck between the terraflex 2.5 s lift and the rc 3.25. Help!
Old 02-25-2010, 05:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Not sure this qualifies as a "xtreme JK tech" thread but I have the TF 2.5" and love it. Most people on this forum will say the same as well.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:00 PM
JK Newbie

That's good to hear because I have one [TF 2.5"] on the way. Replacing a 3" SkyJacker. Can't wait!!!
Old 02-25-2010, 06:10 PM
JK Newbie

What' would be total height with 35s?
Old 02-25-2010, 06:24 PM
JK Newbie

Default Not all teraflex users are satisfied

Not all teraflex users are satisfied at first i really liked my 3" full mid arm lift until i found out that the rear track bar relocation bracket slams into your rear shock the fix you have to buy a shock relocation bracket and a new shock then had my tires rotated found out that the brake line relocation bracket puts the brake line right in the way of the rear antisway bar as your rear flexes the antisway bar hits your brake line very dangerous worn almost all the way through contacted customer support their fix "no return phone calls" this lift was installed buy the jeep dealer when i bought the jeep new. the kit purchased was not the long arm kit but the best one you can get before going long arm. buyer beware
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0086.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	37770   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0079.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	37771  
Old 02-25-2010, 06:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks to me like the dealer installed some components incorrectly (brake line brackets should have had recess towards center of Jeep to eliminate any clearance issues, and they were shipping the kits with a shock relocation bracket because of the track bar issue). I have been running the Tera 2.5" kit for 6 months, and under extreme articulation the bolts for my rear sway bar (since I mounted the bolt from the outside in, which is backwards) rubs on the frame, but not on the shock. Also usually you only hear good things about Tera. I noticed that their springs were soft, but gave more than the advertised lift.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:47 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by uriasa
Not all teraflex users are satisfied at first i really liked my 3" full mid arm lift until i found out that the rear track bar relocation bracket slams into your rear shock the fix you have to buy a shock relocation bracket and a new shock then had my tires rotated found out that the brake line relocation bracket puts the brake line right in the way of the rear antisway bar as your rear flexes the antisway bar hits your brake line very dangerous worn almost all the way through contacted customer support their fix "no return phone calls" this lift was installed buy the jeep dealer when i bought the jeep new. the kit purchased was not the long arm kit but the best one you can get before going long arm. buyer beware
Something doesn't look right with those, they should, as already stated have an indentation that positions the lower part of the bracket abit back and under the frame. They might have been installed reversed which is what caused this. Also, those look like Superlift brackets, are you sure they put a Tera kit on? Most dealers install the superlift, or the RE longarm. Irregardless, I think your brackets were installed wrong or they took the bend outta them for some reason.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:52 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Littlejon
It looks to me like the dealer installed some components incorrectly (brake line brackets should have had recess towards center of Jeep to eliminate any clearance issues, and they were shipping the kits with a shock relocation bracket because of the track bar issue). I have been running the Tera 2.5" kit for 6 months, and under extreme articulation the bolts for my rear sway bar (since I mounted the bolt from the outside in, which is backwards) rubs on the frame, but not on the shock. Also usually you only hear good things about Tera. I noticed that their springs were soft, but gave more than the advertised lift.

No the components were installed correctly i got the install manual to verify it its put on correctly it was a bad design i had to tweak them so they would not hit and rub thats why it looks at an angle. well now they have a track bar relocation bracket that mounts to the axle not the upper frame and you dont have to use that goofy looking shock mount bracket. i bought that to fix that problem i have fixed more design problems than trail related problems. I hope your experience with teraflex is better than mine.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Something doesn't look right with those, they should, as already stated have an indentation that positions the lower part of the bracket abit back and under the frame. They might have been installed reversed which is what caused this. Also, those look like Superlift brackets, are you sure they put a Tera kit on? Most dealers install the superlift, or the RE longarm. Irregardless, I think your brackets were installed wrong or they took the bend outta them for some reason.
no it is a teraflex part and they know about it it was a design flaw when they rushed to get this kit out. just found out that they redesigned this bracket for this reason also the trackbar relocation bracket problem was also redesigned because it crashed into the passenger side rear shock. i had to bend them so they would not hit and rub on the antisway bar they actualy bent in so they wont hit. I have been trying to work with tera flex but they wont return emails.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:06 PM
JK Freak

30,000 miles on my TFlift not one rub have you phoned terraflex?

Quick Reply: Terraflex 2.5 VS rough country 3.25! Will I get the same height? Or do I need 1 body?