Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Terraflex 2.5 lift

Old 08-06-2011, 02:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Terraflex 2.5 lift

Well, I received my Terraflex 2.5" lift kit from Quadratec yesterday. I got the one with the new coil springs (rather than the pucks) and shock absorbers. Gonna take it to the dealer to have it installed Monday. Guy at the dealership said I might need an alignment after the install, and they will be happy to do it (for additional $$, of course). Will I really need an alignment?

How about my driveshaft? Will the stock driveshaft be ok with just a 2.5" lift?

I wanted enough lift to run 35" tires, but not so much that I can't fit in my garage anymore. 2.5" + 35" tires is probably just gonna leave me an inch or two of clearance at the top.

Damn that box was heavy.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

When I installed my 2.5inch lift my steering wheel was no longer centered. Just make sure to recenter yours cause there is a chance for the ESP to kick in all the time.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, thats what happened to me. put on a BB and the steering wheel was off a bit. I left it alone for a day or two and the ESP would go off occasionally. recentering the steering wheel was easy. no other alignment issues.
the money you'll spend having someone install it can go towards the tools you'll need (if you don't already have) plus, you'll gain the knowledge of how your Jeep is put together
Old 08-06-2011, 04:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Procal used to recenter steering wheel and reset computer away I went!
Old 08-06-2011, 08:12 AM
JK Newbie

Gotcha. I'll be sure to check the steering wheel centering before I leave the dealership. Some things I will do myself, installing this lift is not one of them. This is my daily driver, not a toy. No Jeep, No Job, No Money. I used to work on my old VW Bug all the time, but I had another car to drive back then.

BTW, I do have an AEV Procal. What does that have to do with steering wheel centering?
Old 08-06-2011, 08:19 AM
JK Super Freak

4-5 hours you can do the lift in your garage, its no big deal. I would definitely get re-aligned (not at the dealer), but buy a lifetime warranty one so you can take it in whenever you need to, especially if you will be going off road a lot. But wait until you get the 35"s on to do the alignment. I wouldn't worry about the driveshafts with the 2.5" lift. They will let you know when they need attention! Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just had mine installed...it was the 4 door kit, part # on Teraflex site told me so, on my 2 Dr Rubi.
Got over 3 3/4" even with RR bumper, skid and winch...gonna keep an eye on the drive shaft...check to see if you for the 2 or 4 door...
Absolutely love it BTW!!!
Old 08-06-2011, 08:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

After I put my TF 2.5" lift on my steering wheel was still dead center. No reentering had to be done and mo alignments necessary.

Love mine as well. Worth every penny.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:26 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JEEPNVJK
I just had mine installed...it was the 4 door kit, part # on Teraflex site told me so, on my 2 Dr Rubi.
Got over 3 3/4" even with RR bumper, skid and winch...gonna keep an eye on the drive shaft...check to see if you for the 2 or 4 door...
Absolutely love it BTW!!!
Hmmm, I hope I don't get that much lift. Might not get in the garage then, especially when I get larger tires.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

I got roughly 3.25" on my 2 door.

Quick Reply: Terraflex 2.5 lift