Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Terraflex 3" or Clayton 3.5"
Terra 3"
37.50%
Clayton 3.5"
62.50%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Terra 3" vs. Clayton 3.5" lift

Old 01-01-2009, 09:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is very true one reason I chose the Clayton lift is I tend to be very hard on my vehicles don't get me wrong or anything but when you have a hottie next to you stupid things start happening. Damn that Peer Pressure. Anyways as mentioned before Terra Flex has an excelent product and is upgradeable, With the clayton just about everything is adjustable already hince the price tag difference. With the TF getting it close they come to around the same price as well, and I couldn't pass up the lifetime warranty on some parts with Clayton. This was a Major deciding point for me TF has a wonderful Warranty as well. I purchased my kit from Dave at www.Northridge4x4.com . and yes either way you will win with both a great product and great customer service. that goes for anyone buying either of the two kits. now I need to make a decision on the bumpers Grrrrrrrrrr.... well you all have a happy new year.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Clayton Off Road

Thanks for all the compliments guys. We work very hard to keep our products and customer service at the level we are known for, and its nice to hear the praises.

To answer a few of the questions I saw.

1. Front driveshaft. 2 and 4 drs is strongly recommended. Mainly due to its large tube size under extreme flexing it can and will rip the boot, which will causes issues down the road. I tell our customers to keep it on their list of things too do, but a few months shouldn't be a problem.

2. Rear driveshaft. 2 dr is necessary, don't see how you could get rid of the vibrations otherwise. 4 dr is not necessary, but a quality aftermarket one will pay off in the long run.

3. The e-brakes lines. When we do an install I bend the bracket down to give a little more slack. Haven't had any issues, but ive seen enough people asking about it, so I think ill look into making a easy bolt on extension bracket.

4. Rear trackbar. 2 dr required and 4 dr optional. Its required on the 2 dr because of the rotation of the rear axle in order to get a proper driveline angle. 4 dr the driveline is so flat, its not necessary. I usually tell customers with the 4 dr not to get it. See how close it is with their setup (weight will cause this overal movement) and then if its too far off, add it. Very easy to install after the install.

Hope this helps. This was just a quick question and answer. Please feel free to post, or email me for any further questions.

Thanks

Adam
Clayton Off Road Mfg.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well, I'll be a Clayton owner this week (come ON UPS!), to be installed by Northridge. I went with the 4.5 for my 4dr Rubi. I've heard nothing but good things about Clayton and really am excited to get "Big Green" sitting properly.

-Derek
Old 01-05-2009, 09:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok now after my 3.5 lift was installed the gains were phenominal. Yeah I should be good on a 3.5 lift I don't want to be sitting to high on 33's well here are some pics. Yeah I am stoked to get home and flex this baby out. I know it will be lees after it settles but close to 5 inches added whut more couldya ask for.... Ahhh Only in a jeep.
Before

and after
Old 01-06-2009, 05:16 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Percheron
Well, I'll be a Clayton owner this week (come ON UPS!), to be installed by Northridge. I went with the 4.5 for my 4dr Rubi. I've heard nothing but good things about Clayton and really am excited to get "Big Green" sitting properly.
Sounds like Clayton is getting a boat load of customers lately.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by tgrt
Sounds like Clayton is getting a boat load of customers lately.
If Clayton comes out with a long arm kit they'll get a boatload more.

Quick Reply: Terra 3" vs. Clayton 3.5" lift