Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Terraflex 3" or Clayton 3.5"
Terra 3"
37.50%
Clayton 3.5"
62.50%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Terra 3" vs. Clayton 3.5" lift

Old 12-30-2008, 09:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

with the Clayton the only other thing I got but didn't need was the rear Adjust track bar it comes with the front one.Purchased mine through Dave a t Northridge and they had it at the house in a matter of days. When I got pics of it there I was excited to see it. you can go to mygallery and see it with the front done on 33's
Old 12-31-2008, 04:37 PM
JK Freak

How far is the rear axle off with out an adjustable track bar?
Old 12-31-2008, 04:39 PM
JK Freak

In case you guys haven't figured it out, I'm leaning toward Clayton. Sorry Terra-flex. You are on the forum a lot and really help people out. I give you
Old 12-31-2008, 06:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Ordered my Teraflex LA kit today. Will be installing these with the front ORE coilovers, Tera 4" springs(rear) and Tera rear shocks used in the 6" lift kit. You can't go wrong with Teraflex. I currently run a Tera 3" kit with out problems. Very happy.

Go with Teraflex!
Old 01-01-2009, 02:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Choppus
How far is the rear axle off with out an adjustable track bar?
Not really sure I do know it will complement the lift by being able to adjust it. With the Unlimited It states that it isn't really needed for some reason but does make fine tunning a bit easeir. My Buddy was telling me that with the install on the Clayton the Directions are very understandable and the only thing that they could have added was the nuts and bolt sizes so that he could have all the tools ready to disassemble the stock suspension. the only thing I needed to buy for tools was the larger wrench something like a 32mm can't remember off the top of my head, and an angle finder for the proper caster of the Axle. other than that he said it was quite simple., and he also needed another tool that he picked up from Northern tools thats right down the street from where he/I lives. I will more info from him if you would like though...
Old 01-01-2009, 07:07 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mutts08JK
Not really sure I do know it will complement the lift by being able to adjust it. With the Unlimited It states that it isn't really needed for some reason but does make fine tunning a bit easeir. My Buddy was telling me that with the install on the Clayton the Directions are very understandable and the only thing that they could have added was the nuts and bolt sizes so that he could have all the tools ready to disassemble the stock suspension. the only thing I needed to buy for tools was the larger wrench something like a 32mm can't remember off the top of my head, and an angle finder for the proper caster of the Axle. other than that he said it was quite simple., and he also needed another tool that he picked up from Northern tools thats right down the street from where he/I lives. I will more info from him if you would like though...
Does the 3.5" Clayton need drive shaft upgrades for an Automatic Unlimited? That is one thing that has me leaning towards the TF. Then again I understand that changing the Clayton to 4.5" is simply a matter of swapping out coils and re adjusting control arms. Obviously with 4.5" the driveshafts would come into play but that is true for any lift.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:43 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mutts08JK
Thanks for all the info. You have been pretty helpful. You don't need to worry about getting any extra info from your neighbor. Your busy enough where you are. Besides, I'm still not home yet, so I don't have to have my mind made up yet. lol. I still haven't fully decided which one, but I am leaning toward the Clayton.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:45 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by NWJKRubi
Does the 3.5" Clayton need drive shaft upgrades for an Automatic Unlimited? That is one thing that has me leaning towards the TF. Then again I understand that changing the Clayton to 4.5" is simply a matter of swapping out coils and re adjusting control arms. Obviously with 4.5" the driveshafts would come into play but that is true for any lift.
I believe just the front drive shaft will have to be switched out. The boot will get torn off if you disconnect and are flexing. The rear should be fine.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:50 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Choppus
I believe just the front drive shaft will have to be switched out. The boot will get torn off if you disconnect and are flexing. The rear should be fine.
What he said. Ask me how I know.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like Teraflex they have great customer support. I can't say anything negative about Clayton they make a great product also. You win either way!

Quick Reply: Terra 3" vs. Clayton 3.5" lift