Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TeraFlex Yokes?

Old 06-07-2009, 09:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TeraFlex Yokes?

will the TF yokes fit on the JE Reel drive Shaft?

How is the quality between the Reel's and the Wood's drive shafts? are they comparable?
Old 06-07-2009, 09:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

not sure about compatibility of yokes,but a yoke designed for a 1310 ujoint should work with any 1310 shaft,I have Woods front shaft(with teraflex yokes)and JE reel rear(that adapts to oem flange),have had no problems with either but the Tom Woods shaft does look like a better built shaft and very nice u-joints.if could do over would have woods front and rear with new yokes on both(had to buy what was in stock at times when had stock shafts fail,thats why I am running different shafts)
Old 06-07-2009, 10:30 AM
JK Super Freak

I've got Reels and have had no problems with them. Woods has a great rep and they are pretty shafts. I went with Reels because I cam across a great deal on Reel 1350's; good enough that I couldn't pass it up. Don't ask; it was a year ago.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:36 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had an issue with a Reel flange -poorly machined. The Woods 1310's are easily lubed, they have the zerks at the end of the caps. Plus they have a warranty second to none in the industry, both joints and shafts.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Sooooooo

I would be better off just getting both yokes and drive shaft from Woods. that way there is not chance on them not being compatable.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Because of the warranty I'd probably go Woods if I did it again. My 1350's have grease serks in the ends of a cap. Without them they are impossible to grease if you have skids. One of the reasons I went with Reel at the time, in addition to a "one of mistake killer price situation" was that I wanted yolks not flanges and Woods didn't offer them at the time.

Either way both beat the heel out of the stock POS shafts!

Quick Reply: TeraFlex Yokes?