Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex wheel alignment

Old 07-24-2014, 12:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex wheel alignment

I know the jeep is pretty easy to do a DIY wheel alignment. But I was wondering if there is a spec sheet to pass to a garage mechanic for the teraflex 2.5" coil lift and 35's. If not won't they end up aligning it to somewhat factory specs. ??
Old 07-24-2014, 03:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unless you went with a ton of adjustable components, he's just going to recenter the steering wheel, maybe set your toe and call it a day. What are you installing? Just the coil and shocks?
Old 07-24-2014, 03:51 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Which components come in your lift?

The shop can not adjust Caster unless you add adjustable arms or cams.
The shop can not Center the axles unless you add adjustable trackbars. (brackets will help to center, but obviously not adjustable.)
The shop can not adjust Camber without offset balljoints.

The shop can adjust Toe with stock components.
The shop can center the Steering Wheel with stock components.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:14 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeepdougie
... won't they end up aligning it to somewhat factory specs. ??
Could be. Of course, without adjustable components in your new lift (trackbars, control arms), as others wrote there isn't much adjustable. The steering wheel is centered no matter the lift. The toe in did not change because of your lift, but it should be adjusted with 2.5" and 35s. Here's how to set both yourself--it's way too easy with the most basic of hand tools to pay a shop 70-80 bucks to do. If you installed the lift, this is easy-peasy ...

Basic Do-it-Yourself Jeep JK Wrangler Front End Alignment
Old 07-25-2014, 04:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea I installed everything myself. Adjustable track bar, coils, and shocks. I have the axle pretty much center. So with 35" tires I should have my toe in about 1/16" to 1/8" from the back measurement of the tires. For example if my front measurement is 66 1/4", the back of the tires should be 66 3/8". ? Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks guys for the help
Old 07-25-2014, 04:55 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeepdougie
Yea I installed everything myself. Adjustable track bar, coils, and shocks. I have the axle pretty much center. So with 35" tires I should have my toe in about 1/16" to 1/8" from the back measurement of the tires. For example if my front measurement is 66 1/4", the back of the tires should be 66 3/8". ? Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks guys for the help
Yep. Just make sure you're measuring as high up on the front and back of the tires as you can get, and be sure you're using a lug/reference point that is identical for the front and rear. After you've set it, drive around a little (a few dozen feet), then recheck.

Quick Reply: Teraflex wheel alignment