Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex VS Rockkrawler VS AEV for a daily driver......................

Old 01-09-2012, 02:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also hav the rock krawler suspension and love it an customer service has been awesome which means a lot to some
Old 01-09-2012, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the terraflex 3 inch long arm kit and it rides like stock
Old 01-09-2012, 06:57 PM
JK Super Freak

i dont see why folks get worked up over lifts for onroad use. if its just for looks or bigger tires, get spacers and some longer shocks and be done with it. i like a badass jeep as much as the next person, but if its just for the "i want big rubber" just get the tires/wheels you want, and then get the cheapest lift possible to get them to fit
Old 01-09-2012, 07:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sneck
i dont see why folks get worked up over lifts for onroad use. if its just for looks or bigger tires, get spacers and some longer shocks and be done with it. i like a badass jeep as much as the next person, but if its just for the "i want big rubber" just get the tires/wheels you want, and then get the cheapest lift possible to get them to fit
Word...!!!
Old 01-09-2012, 07:40 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AK2AZ
I would steer away from the AEV kit. It's great on road, but off road it is acceptable at best and the great ride will go away over time as things wear away. Most of the kit uses stock parts and even they can be expensive to replace.

For the first 20,000 miles I loved my AEV lift, thought there was nothing better. After that, the fog cleared and I see the propaganda that is spread about how great AEV is, went away. There's much better lifts out there that will be great for your application.

In short,AEV has a great marketing plan and brand image along with a great following from people that have ridden in them briefly. However, when you look into what you're getting it's not really much.

My 4.5 kit sags. The shock are the same as in the 3.5" kit so my droop is limited. The rear not only doesn't flex, but it about bucks me over when I'm on the trail. I maybe go on a moderate trail once or twice a month on average for the last 2 years.

I have a new lift on order and I am getting rid of all my AEV lift.

My suggestions would be something with adjustable control arms all the way around. Rock Krawler, Clayton, Tera Flex (Not my favorite company, but it will get you by)

Wow, this the first negative review Ive seen for an AEV kit. I'm just curious, was it at the 20k mark that you changed your mind? I do very light offroading (Big bear in the snow) and I was getting this kit for the on road ride. I have never seen a negative review from someone who actually owned the kit?

Last edited by wayoflife; 01-10-2012 at 05:52 AM.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:49 AM
JK Newbie

If you are not just looking to add larger tires and want great on and off road performance and a 4" lift - Look at the EVO 4" DoubleD long arm kit.

I drive mine 40 Miles Round trip on the road daily and every time I finish the ride I think that a Jeep should not ride that good on the highway. Its unbelievable and off road - Hard to beat~

Good luck in whatever choice you make.

BR-
Old 01-10-2012, 05:56 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by VETTETHRET
Wow, this the first negative review Ive seen for an AEV kit. I'm just curious, was it at the 20k mark that you changed your mind? I do very light offroading (Big bear in the snow) and I was getting this kit for the on road ride. I have never seen a negative review from someone who actually owned the kit?
that's because it takes a real honest person to admit that they may have actually made a mistake. in my experience, this is something that a vast majority of jeeper would never be willing to do especially after they've just got done spending a lot of money on their rig. kudos to you AK2AZ, had i said what you said, fanboys would be coming out of the woodwork to accuse me of only saying that because they aren't a sponsor here
Old 01-10-2012, 08:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Rock Krawler

I have the Rock Krawler 2.5" max travel lift on my 2 door, and the highway ride is better than factory. Off road, I have been amazed at how well a small lift like this functions. The customer service is also top notch. So impressed with the kit, that my dad just bought the same one for his 2012. Can't compare the other brands, but have been very happy with RK.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:13 AM
MTG
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any reason the EVO Enforcer is not on the list?

Quick Reply: Teraflex VS Rockkrawler VS AEV for a daily driver......................