Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex Tire Carrier?

Old 10-12-2012, 07:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

give TF a call. i'm sure they will be happy to explain the engineering aspects of it. im not a physicist nor an engineer. all i know is when i open and close it, its like there is NOTHING there. black magic man
Old 10-12-2012, 07:52 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JeepJeremy
Hey people, I just ordered my teraflex tire carrier with the adjustable mount for $567.99 shipped. Yes, they are backordered,
but at that price, I can wait. Thanks to Bryan at 4WD (Bustabizz) for hooking me up. Christmas is coming early at my house!!!
Can't wait to get my 35's on and play in the snow to come.

Jeremy - Lincoln, NE

holy sh*t!!! thats a great deal! i paid $663 for both pieces delivered. post your review once installed, etc.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:56 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rtguy1
holy sh*t!!! thats a great deal! i paid $663 for both pieces delivered. post your review once installed, etc.
Agree!! I am not ready to buy yet, but with the discount, I may have to sooner than expected!
Old 10-12-2012, 08:04 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by stroked250
Agree!! I am not ready to buy yet, but with the discount, I may have to sooner than expected!
at that price i may have considered painting the hinge piece to match the body...lol
Old 10-16-2012, 04:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

What retailer is SoCal has this in stock to view in person?
Old 10-16-2012, 05:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by stroked250
Thanks, but that really doesn't answer my question.
Nobody really has answered that question and I doubt ever will. I'm with you on this one. If the hinge really was the answer, why wouldn't OR-Fab, gen-right, Evo or any other manufacturer who utilizes similar mounting points mount the tire on the tailgate? It just seems gimmicky to me. The tailgate might not sag but your tailgate will still be warped from the weight of an oversized tire. I mean Smittybilt has a similar heavy duty tire carrier that raises the tire and is made of steel and mounts just the same as the Teraflex. That piece has been out for over two years and yet this carrier is being received as some ground breaking invention. The hinge is a hinge. Just my .02.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jpone
What retailer is SoCal has this in stock to view in person?
rebel offroad had one displayed at the offroad expo
Old 10-16-2012, 05:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by crazyhorse02
Nobody really has answered that question and I doubt ever will. .
probably because that question needs to be addressed to the manufacturer. you expect a physicist or an engineer to pop on here and spell it out for you? TeraFlex will be happy to answer your questions with a very simple phone call, then you can be the first to post this info for the non-believers.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Why is it so hard for people to see the heavy duty hinge carries the weight of the tire. Seems pretty simple to me.

And the reason others don't use the same theory is a tire carrier is not a one size fits all. Some like a different look.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-16-2012, 05:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installed the hinge carrier today, pretty sick. Still waiting for the tire holder. Seems well designed and made. Very happy.

Quick Reply: Teraflex Tire Carrier?