Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex Tire Carrier?

Old 02-23-2013, 07:28 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

who has the best price on these?
Old 02-23-2013, 07:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jadmt
If I were to get one, I'd go with northridge hands down. Talk to Sean or Dave and mention you're on the forum.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rickc309
I ordered mine from David, both the carrier and the adj. mount. Shipped the same day. Ordered a Warn Zeon and a L.O.D. bumper, all in stock all went out the same day. I have the carrier installed and I think it's great. I had a small issue with my stock wheel due to the backspacing. I made a call to teraflex and they are going to send me out a spacer their designing to allow me to use my stock wheel and a 35 along with their 3rd light. I couldn't be happier with Northridge 4X4 or Teraflex, they both deserve our business.
I used a spidertrax 1.5" spacer with my stock rim and 35. The spacer has to actually be drilled out because the lugs have shoulders on them that won't allow the spacer to fit tight when using the TF spare mount. Then the issue of the third brake relocation bracket that is supplied does not work without drilling new holes in the mount as the spacer relocates the mount lugs and the holes that the third brake light bracket no longer line up with the holes on the bracket. Supposedly a new mount with these holes drilled out was mailed out to me almost two months ago from TF, must have gotten lost or stolen as I have yet to receive it. Or maybe it was because I was "rude" when I called explaing the situation and asked if they had even tried this with an OEM rim yet even though it was advertised as such??? Dave and the crew at Northridge are awesome, it would be great if all businesses were ran as such, just saying.......
Old 02-23-2013, 09:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by brentstone2
Holy cow this thing is $500!!! Will it work with the Smitybuilt Oversized Tire Carrier?

Very Cool, I need to get this.
x2

You're talking about the Smitty carrier that's around $125 right? I have the same carrier was wondering if I'd be able to buy just the Teraflex hinge part.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes you can get just the carrier .
Old 02-23-2013, 11:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bla... bla.. bla. I got tired of reading.

I run and love my TF suspension. BUT no company out there needs to advertise
that an adapter will handle a larger tire.

My 35" spare abused my tailgate till about 60k, ( with three different adapters, TF was one of them)
at which point I bought new hinges.

Plan on doing the same if you are not going to get a rear bump and carrier.

It's simple math really and, for the money, I will go with hinges all day long.

BTW, I like the the "best op" carrier the best.

Last edited by HighTide; 02-23-2013 at 11:27 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jadmt
Either Northridge or Rebel Off Road. I got mine, carrier and hd hinge kit for $665.00 shipped
Old 02-25-2013, 09:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by suicideking

x2

You're talking about the Smitty carrier that's around $125 right? I have the same carrier was wondering if I'd be able to buy just the Teraflex hinge part.
Yes that is the one.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by brentstone2
Yes that is the one.
Please post if you find out anything. I'd consider getting just the hinge, but don't want the tire carrier if I don't need it.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by duckman1
I used a spidertrax 1.5" spacer with my stock rim and 35. The spacer has to actually be drilled out because the lugs have shoulders on them that won't allow the spacer to fit tight when using the TF spare mount. Then the issue of the third brake relocation bracket that is supplied does not work without drilling new holes in the mount as the spacer relocates the mount lugs and the holes that the third brake light bracket no longer line up with the holes on the bracket. Supposedly a new mount with these holes drilled out was mailed out to me almost two months ago from TF, must have gotten lost or stolen as I have yet to receive it. Or maybe it was because I was "rude" when I called explaing the situation and asked if they had even tried this with an OEM rim yet even though it was advertised as such??? Dave and the crew at Northridge are awesome, it would be great if all businesses were ran as such, just saying.......
Here ya go.. The trick is the longer studs.. That way the 3rd light mount can be used. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...-issue-265299/

Quick Reply: Teraflex Tire Carrier?