Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex Tire Carrier?

Old 11-30-2012, 08:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not sure if you have seen this pic yet. this is the TF rig.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Teraflex_hi-lift_jack_mount.jpg
Views:	807
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	393607
Old 11-30-2012, 08:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wonder if there is an issue with the taillight being covered.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-30-2012, 08:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rtguy1
not sure if you have seen this pic yet. this is the TF rig.

Attachment 393607
I just posted that over on *******s.com haha. Did you get it off of Rebel Offroad's facebook page?

Originally Posted by fishtale
Wonder if there is an issue with the taillight being covered.

they give you a bracket in the kit to relocate the taillight...
Old 01-07-2013, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Good video about how to install the tire carrier for anyone still curious on how it actually works like I was.

TeraFlex Product Highlight: HD Hinged Carrier and Adjustable Spare Tire Mounting Kit (4838150) - YouTube

This next video is the same for the majority of it but gives a better explanation on how the carrier works to take weight off the tailgate in the beginning. It also has confirmation from Teraflex that they're currently working on optional mounts to go along with it in the comments section.

Teraflex Tech: JK HD Hinged Carrier (4838100) - YouTube

Can't wait to get this carrier, it seems awesome and the videos are great as always!

Old 01-07-2013, 06:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

It works great and you'll love it.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I stopped by Teraflex to talk with them about the different options and they had the accessory bracket mounted to one of the HD carriers and like the carrier the bracket looks well designed. The bracket held the jack plus had an antenna mount on top as well as as rotopax mount on the side so one bracket does it all. They thought it would be released in February.

I just installed the hinge and the adjustable mount this weekend and they work great together. I probably could have kept the stock mount but I figured this way there is no doubt on the strength.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

anyone actually had the carrier part come loose on a bumpy trail?
I really like the TF hinge and the carrier but after this past weekend on a bumpy/rocky trail with my 35's going semi fast, something started to make noise towards the back part of the jeep. I can't exactly pin point where the noise is coming from but I think it might be the carrier.
I took the tire off and examined the carrier and everything seems tight with no issues but I keep hearing the noise. So, anyone had their carrier nut(the portion that's adjustable) come loose?
Oh btw, on pavement, it's quiet as a whistle...
Old 01-07-2013, 08:47 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flytojungho
anyone actually had the carrier part come loose on a bumpy trail?
I really like the TF hinge and the carrier but after this past weekend on a bumpy/rocky trail with my 35's going semi fast, something started to make noise towards the back part of the jeep. I can't exactly pin point where the noise is coming from but I think it might be the carrier.
I took the tire off and examined the carrier and everything seems tight with no issues but I keep hearing the noise. So, anyone had their carrier nut(the portion that's adjustable) come loose?
Oh btw, on pavement, it's quiet as a whistle...
While your tailgate is closed, try to lift the gate up and down, if you can move it a bit up and down, that could be the sound. That's what made me get the TF hinge was all the bumpy hits made my oe gate hinges wear out making my tailgate clunk around up and down over every bump. The new hinge fixed that right up silent.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:27 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kssting
I stopped by Teraflex to talk with them about the different options and they had the accessory bracket mounted to one of the HD carriers and like the carrier the bracket looks well designed. The bracket held the jack plus had an antenna mount on top as well as as rotopax mount on the side so one bracket does it all. They thought it would be released in February.
Sweet. That's the only thing holding me up right now. If this bracket can do all of that then this is TF system is a significant weight savings over a traditional all steel carrier.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hypeiv
I think the HD carrier comes with a third tail light relocation bracket
I have both the Teraflex hinge AND adjustable tire carrier. The tire carrier did come with a relocation
bracket to move the rear brake light over the center hub of the rim.

Jeremy - Lincoln, NE

Quick Reply: Teraflex Tire Carrier?