Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TeraFlex Swaybar Quick Disco Question.

Old 03-05-2008, 03:58 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TeraFlex Swaybar Quick Disco Question.

I just finished installing my TF quick discos. I have one question, on the new swaybar end links, both sides have the same size "sleeve" inserted into the bushing. One end fits precisely fine (the end connected to the swaybar itself). The other end, that goes onto the new "stud" that's mounted to the axle is significantly bigger and the sleeve doesn't fit. The sleeve had to be removed in order to fit over the new stud.

Is this normal?

On the JK Forums Write-Up, the last pic shows the sleeve removed as well.

Just wanted to make sure the bushing won't fall apart without the sleeve inserted.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:38 PM
JK Junkie

Por favor. Don't want to die taking a turn.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:24 PM
JK Junkie

To the top.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:25 PM
JK Freak

I have Terra Flex Quick Disconnects and I dont know about a "Sleeve".

The bushing is in the end, and the bushing fits tightly over the "stud" that i mounted on the axle. The stud that is mounted higher to hole the swaybar out of the way is thinner allowing for an easier fit, and since the fit is not critical when the swaybar is not in use.

I am not sure about a sleeve in the bushing.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:48 AM
JK Junkie

Indeed, the end WITHOUT the metal sleeve fits perfectly over the new stud that's mounted on the axle. The other side, that connects to the swaybar, has a sleeve that fits perfectly when the factory bolt runs through it to connect it to the swaybar.

If you take a look at the FACTORY endlinks, both sides have a metal sleeve inserted into the bushing. My TF ones came with them, but one had to be removed.

If you take a look at this pic:

http://project-jk.com/wp-gallery2.php?g2_itemId=34092

You can see one side has a metal sleeve in the center of the bushing and one does not.

Mine, came with the sleeve on BOTH ends.

Just wanted to make sure that the end connected to the swaybar DOES NOT need the sleeve inserted and is ok with it out.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:11 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

You might check out my write-up and see if that helps you figure out what's going on.

Teraflex Quick Disconnect Install
Old 03-21-2008, 07:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default solved?

Did you ever sort this out? I'm thinkg of the Terraflex disco's, and would be as puzzled as you are if it hit this situation
Old 03-21-2008, 08:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
Indeed, the end WITHOUT the metal sleeve fits perfectly over the new stud that's mounted on the axle. The other side, that connects to the swaybar, has a sleeve that fits perfectly when the factory bolt runs through it to connect it to the swaybar.

If you take a look at the FACTORY endlinks, both sides have a metal sleeve inserted into the bushing. My TF ones came with them, but one had to be removed.

If you take a look at this pic:

http://project-jk.com/wp-gallery2.php?g2_itemId=34092

You can see one side has a metal sleeve in the center of the bushing and one does not.

Mine, came with the sleeve on BOTH ends.

Just wanted to make sure that the end connected to the swaybar DOES NOT need the sleeve inserted and is ok with it out.
As I recall, mine also had the sleeve in both ends when I first opened the Tera box of goodies. I removed the lower metal sleeve as you did to fit onto the new provided "stud". I think I have some pictures of mine on my gallery too.
From what I'm reading, you are correct and shouldn't have any problems. I did have to go back after a few hundred miles and re-torque some bolts on the sway bar links because I started hearing some rattling.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was a thread on here several months ago about this. They installed the 2nd sleeve by accident and you should remove it, just like you did.
Old 03-22-2008, 06:23 AM
JK Newbie

I removed the sleeve from the end that is connected to the stud on the bottom as well on mine. Teraflex had a response to this on another thread and said why the sleeve is in both ends.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...t=20800&page=2

Quick Reply: TeraFlex Swaybar Quick Disco Question.