Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex sway bar question

Old 12-30-2011, 03:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex sway bar question

Hey all,

I purchased a Teraflex Perf Leveling Kit a while ago and am just getting around to installing it. The only problem is that the sway bar links don't appear to be right. I think the Zerks should be pre-installed and that I should have a second metal liner for the bushing.

Here's what is in my kit
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0220.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	256519

Here's what the kit shows in the instructions and on the Teraflex site. Notice the dual metal bushings and pre-installed Zerks.
Click image for larger version

Name:	teraflex.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	256520

Should I ping TF and see if I need to replace the ones I have?
Old 12-30-2011, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well I have the leveling kit as well (non performance). I took a picture of the sway bar links and hardware. It would appear you are missing two bushings on the links. Mine did not come with zerks nipples installed on the links either but they are in the hardware as you can see.

I have read where the installed zerks were giving problems and not accepting grease. So maybe they are not supplying them installed any longer. I would contact tereflex about the missing bushings though.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3628363924.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	256522  
Old 12-30-2011, 04:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also had the teraflex front extensions and the missing metal bushings are not used when you have the quick disconnects on the axle.
The metal sleeves are used on the sway bar side that is bolted and torqued up.

I had to install my zirks. Its not a big deal, you may learn to break and replace them just like a lot of folks have.

Good luck.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ironically, I have the same perf kit and am getting ready to install mine next week. My links came with all 4 metal tubes and I only need 2 because I opted to have the quick disconnects.

You could call TF and see they'll send you the quick disconnects for cheap (they run $60 or so) since they seem to have screwed up the packaging. Or they will just ship you the two metal tubes for free probably.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks all. I spent a lot of time searching the packaging looking for them. Since I have Rubi, I don't need the disconnects. I had to install the factory sway bar links until I can get a couple of the metal bushings. I'll give TF a ring tomorrow. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Teraflex sway bar question