Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex sway bar link popping noise

Old 07-01-2013, 05:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex sway bar link popping noise

Recently when I go over bumps I get a popping noise from the front end. So I did some investigating and I narrowed the noise down to the sway bar link on the drivers side in the front. I have the teraflex quick disconnects installed also does any one think that might have anything to do with the noise? You can feel a pop in the ball joint style end of the link.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:50 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sounds like you need to grease it up. Grease through zerk and also brush a little on the sides of the bushing.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Offroad_Elements
Sounds like you need to grease it up. Grease through zerk and also brush a little on the sides of the bushing.
The top joint is ungreasable a sealed unit do you think the joint is shot I only have about 5 k miles on them
Old 07-01-2013, 07:03 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MA_Jeep
The top joint is ungreasable a sealed unit do you think the joint is shot I only have about 5 k miles on them
From what you describe, seems it would be shot if it's clicking and popping like that. I would contact with the dealer you bought the kit from for a replacement.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Offroad_Elements

From what you describe, seems it would be shot if it's clicking and popping like that. I would contact with the dealer you bought the kit from for a replacement.
I contacted teraflex and there sending 2 new ones and I have to ship mine back and if its a manufactures defect they'll refund my credit card.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also had a popping noise that I thought was in the rear but tracked it down to the JKS quick discos. After a thorough cleaning and creasing the noise was gone.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by goaterguy
I also had a popping noise that I thought was in the rear but tracked it down to the JKS quick discos. After a thorough cleaning and creasing the noise was gone.
How do you like the jks disco's?
Old 07-01-2013, 08:00 PM
JK Newbie

Recently when I go over bumps I get a popping noise from the front end. So I did some investigating and I narrowed the noise down to the sway bar link on the drivers side in the front. I have the teraflex quick disconnects installed also does any one think that might have anything to do with the noise? You can feel a pop in the ball joint style end of the link.
I had this too. All I had to do was tighten them more. Make sure you get that Allen key on there good.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SDBoxer

I had this too. All I had to do was tighten them more. Make sure you get that Allen key on there good.
I tightened them down really good with the Allen key and wrench the thing is its not the stud that's making the noise if you put your hand on the joint it's self the pop can be felt from in there
Old 07-02-2013, 07:49 AM
JK Newbie

I tightened them down really good with the Allen key and wrench the thing is its not the stud that's making the noise if you put your hand on the joint it's self the pop can be felt from in there
Gotcha, I understand now.

Quick Reply: Teraflex sway bar link popping noise