Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex Steering Stabilizer limits left turn

Old 06-21-2011, 08:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex Steering Stabilizer limits left turn

Hey guys,

Hoping someone might have an answer for me. I've got a 2010 Rubi with a 2.5 BB on it. A couple of weeks ago I bashed my stock steering stabilizer and replaced it with a Teraflex one. The install was simple, but after I installed it and straightened the steering wheel, my rig won't do a left turn as tight as it used to...it's like I've added a few feet to the turning radius on that side. Right turns are as normal as always.

Anyone seen anything like this before?

Henry
Old 06-21-2011, 09:48 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Umm, you need to move The tierod clamp one way or the other.The SS is reaching full Ext or bottoming depending on how you have it mounted. Move it an inch or two . Then cycle your steering and make adjustments according to that.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:33 PM
JK Newbie

I'll give that a try...the directions from Teraflex didn't mention anything like that...I've just been assuming it was a straight bolt on replacement.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:49 PM
JK Super Freak

You have to adjust it. I had the same problem
Old 06-21-2011, 08:08 PM
JK Freak

I would say you loosen the steering stabilizer clamp then turn the wheel fully to the left. Once you hit the steering stop tighten the clamp but make sure the stabilizer is fully compressed.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racin444
I would say you loosen the steering stabilizer clamp then turn the wheel fully to the left. Once you hit the steering stop tighten the clamp but make sure the stabilizer is fully compressed.
go 1/4 " from full closed ^^^ but what he said

Quick Reply: Teraflex Steering Stabilizer limits left turn