Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex Steering Stabilizer

Old 06-12-2008, 07:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Teraflex Steering Stabilizer

My OEM stabilizer was leaking so I needed a replacement. I purchased a TF stabilizer with directions on the plastic bags that have the bolts and spacers. I can't read the directions on the plastic. I know it is not rocket science and I could just figure it out but I would like to install it according to the directions. Could you please post or email the directions for the stabilizer on an 07 JK. The part # is 1513001.

email: radar6868@yahoo.com

Thanks for your help. I have the TF 2.5 BB and will continue to use your parts! Great quality and great price.

Last edited by Geeper4x4; 06-12-2008 at 07:08 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is there web site http://www.teraflex.biz/. I would say to contact them and see if the can e-mail you the instructions.

You can also send a PM to teraflex. They are on the forum.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Geeper4x4
My OEM stabilizer was leaking so I needed a replacement. I purchased a TF stabilizer with directions on the plastic bags that have the bolts and spacers. I can't read the directions on the plastic. I know it is not rocket science and I could just figure it out but I would like to install it according to the directions. Could you please post or email the directions for the stabilizer on an 07 JK. The part # is 1513001.

email: radar6868@yahoo.com

Thanks for your help. I have the TF 2.5 BB and will continue to use your parts! Great quality and great price.
X2 on the directions.....I can't make them out either.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:03 AM
JK Super Freak

I have already installed it using the stock bolts and the sleeves in the package. Seems everything is working fine. Now I'm just looking to see if they recommend installing it with the rod out or in.???? I think they (DC) had a TB about puting the rod in to reduce rock chips or something.

I did email them but thought I might post here because others might need the same info. I appreciate the help with ideas for contacting them. I went to their website and they have no directions on any of their pages for this application or part. I have sent the same message as a pm. I do know they are members here that is why I posted in the Sponsors section.

Last edited by Geeper4x4; 06-13-2008 at 11:59 AM.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:23 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All you need is the large sleeve that in the kit. Leave the sleeve that is installed in one and just find the matching one for the other end. Those kits are packaged to fit several models of jeeps, hence all the extra hardware. You will remove the stocker and then insert TeraFlex SS in the same spot/direction as the OEM unit. Unless you have a Woods kit.

Link to pics that I took when I installed mine:
http://community.webshots.com/album/561572312FvSGjt
Some install pics;

Old 06-13-2008, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks Teraflex
I just got mine from UPS, and I didn't have any instructions.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

where do i buy one of these? could somebody please post a link i dont see it on the teraflex website, thanks.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks Teraflex! That is exatly what I did with my stabilizer. I always love pictures when you are trying to make sure you are installing something the right way. I will get the Woods relocation bracket soon to get it up and out of the way.

I got mine from Quadratec. Link : http://www.quadratec.com/products/16195_0100.htm

My JK with free advertising for Teraflex! I don't mind if you really like the product to give them some ad space! Since they went to the trouble to make my sticker in Flame Red to match the Jeep, I had to give them the space. The other side has Northridge 4x4. Dave is the best for customer service!

Larger:

Installed:

Last edited by Geeper4x4; 06-13-2008 at 12:32 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:24 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
You will remove the stocker and then insert TeraFlex SS in the same spot/direction as the OEM unit.

Installed mine today and noticed my stock unit was in the opposite direction than the picture above. When I tried to fit the new TeraFlex SS in place it would not fit all the way up into the frame side bracket because it was hitting the bracket right on top. So I installed it the opposite direction as the picture above and just like the original direction of my stock stabilizer.

Just wondering if it matters which direction even though it doesn't seem like I have a choice. Anyone else run into this ???

HG

Last edited by HG07JKRubi; 09-28-2008 at 04:30 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:36 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by HG97TJ
Installed mine today and noticed my stock unit was in the opposite direction than the picture above. When I tried to fit the new TeraFlex SS in place it would not fit all the way up into the frame side bracket because it was hitting the bracket right on top. So I installed it the opposite direction as the picture above and just like the original direction of my stock stabilizer.

Just wondering if it matters which direction even though it doesn't seem like I have a choice. Anyone else run into this ???

HG

TeraFlex? Can you provide any feedback on my install ?

Quick Reply: Teraflex Steering Stabilizer