Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex SS/JKS relocation bracket - WTF am I doing wrong?

Old 05-27-2011, 05:48 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put the rod end on the track bar bracket, and put the larger body end on the tie rod bracket, and make it sit on top of the tie rod bar so the shock is angled up slightly.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:49 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm gonna throw the SS back on tomorrow morning after work and take some more pics. When it was mounted, it looks like it would work with a skinnier SS. Maybe something like the bilstien. It just puzzles me that this doesn't work. Northridge sells this setup as a kit!? Maybe Dave will let me exchange the stabilizer for a smaller one.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by rinkishJK
Put the rod end on the track bar bracket, and put the larger body end on the tie rod bracket, and make it sit on top of the tie rod bar so the shock is angled up slightly.
Yea, I tried that too. It still rubbed at full turn. Not much, but enough.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:59 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dcharge74
I'm gonna throw the SS back on tomorrow morning after work and take some more pics. When it was mounted, it looks like it would work with a skinnier SS. Maybe something like the bilstien. It just puzzles me that this doesn't work. Northridge sells this setup as a kit!? Maybe Dave will let me exchange the stabilizer for a smaller one.
Hmm, I have a bilstein with the jks bracket, no rub . I'll look at mine tomorrow, I have TF stabilizer in my garage, I'll see what I can figure out. I did notice even on mine it was a close fit. Seems like the jks stud should have been up abit higher.

Last edited by mkjeep; 05-27-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Hmm, I have a bilstein with the jks bracket, no rub .
The Bilstein is pretty narrow, correct? At least compared to the Teraflex? How do you like it?
Old 05-27-2011, 06:05 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dcharge74
The Bilstein is pretty narrow, correct? At least compared to the Teraflex? How do you like it?
Oh , its nice, took away my right hand pull. I put it on when I changed to the Elka Shocks. I wanted it to somewhat match, you know, have some new shiney stuff under there.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:43 AM
JK Super Freak

OK, lesson learned. It is much easier to do things in the daytime than it is at night with a flashlight while there are strong thunderstorms rolling in on the horizon. Once I had a chance to sit down and really look at what I needed to do it wasn't terribly difficult. It is still an awefully tight fit(<1/8" at full right turn), but it works. You can vaguely see the marks I made on the tie rod. The pin for the tie rod bracket had to be between those two in order for it not to rub, and still be able to make the lock to lock turn of the steering wheel. I'd say it's about an inch of space. Thanks mkjeep and rinkish for your input last night. Front LCA's and 1/2" spacers are going on next week. This time I'll make sure that I leave myself enough time to get done before dark.

Last edited by dcharge74; 05-28-2011 at 06:46 AM.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Hmm, I have a bilstein with the jks bracket, no rub . I'll look at mine tomorrow, I have TF stabilizer in my garage, I'll see what I can figure out. I did notice even on mine it was a close fit. Seems like the jks stud should have been up abit higher.
Bringing this thread back to life…

How did you get the Bilstein damper to work with the JKS steering damper relocation bracket? The stud that is welded on the bracket will not work with the bushing size that is in the Bilstein damper.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:49 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm glad this thread is here.. I just received my JKS relocate bracket and have the TF SS as well... Appreciate guys...
Old 02-05-2012, 03:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gcally
Bringing this thread back to life…

How did you get the Bilstein damper to work with the JKS steering damper relocation bracket? The stud that is welded on the bracket will not work with the bushing size that is in the Bilstein damper.
i'll bring it back to life as well. as im having the same problem. from what i understand the bilstein sleeve is molded in the rubber bushing. therefore its damn near impossible to get out. i read a post in which someone cut out the sleeve and the bushing and popped old teraflex SS bushings into the bilstein.

Quick Reply: Teraflex SS/JKS relocation bracket - WTF am I doing wrong?