Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex springs with elka shocks

Old 02-12-2012, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex springs with elka shocks

Hi all, I have a 2 door 09x. Currently running 35's and the el cheapo RC 3.25 lift and slowly upgrading to better stuff. Anyways I am ordering Elka shocks from David at northridge this week and I found a decent deal on a set of 3" teraflex springs. Is there anyone with a similar spring/shock setup that can give me some imput on how it does on and off road? Thanks
Old 02-12-2012, 07:45 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the 4in and elka shocks, firm on -road kinda like a sports car and can take corners alot faster, royally kick ass off road. Whether it be high speed or rock crawling, its a major difference. If you don't already have some front lower adj control arms, you may want to get some for caster adj. Keep an eye on your rear driveshaft, on a two door that 3in gives you more like 4.

Last edited by mkjeep; 02-12-2012 at 07:47 AM.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have full traction front and rear upper control arms for my caster/driveshaft angle. Will get lowers eventually. Getting some RK coil wedges at the same time as shocks for the bow in my rear springs. Thanks for the input, That sounds exactly like how I want my jeep to handle!
Old 02-14-2012, 12:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone else that can chime in on what springs would give me a similiar feel with elka shocks
Old 02-14-2012, 02:09 PM
JK Newbie

I had the 2.5" teraflex coils and Elka shocks and it was a great set up. Same thoughts as mkjeep, it was a great set up.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had the Elkas with teraflex 4 inch spings with both long and short arms at different times. Previous descriptions are right on; a little firm on road and the faster you go off road the better (within reason)

Quick Reply: Teraflex springs with elka shocks