Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex spacers... nice surprise

Old 09-12-2009, 03:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex spacers... nice surprise

I installed a set of 3/4" spacers (I won't say what brand) three months ago to get a little lift, mostly for aethetics, on my 09 Rubicon. These spacers never did fit perfect and the fronts seemed to have deformed over time.

I bought a set of 1" Teraflex spacers this week and put them in last night. I have read alot about Teraflex budget boost and leveling kits but never really understood how ingenius the rear spacers really are.

The rear spacer "pops" into the upper sheet metal cone and the original rubber isolater slips over and locks onto the spring retainer 'nubbin'. Needless to say, both the spacer and isolater stay put when you're trying to hold the spring in place and work the floor jack at the same time.

The front spacers fit perfectly into the stock isolater (the other brand did not) and it seated perfectly into the spring bucket as it's upper/outer edge is rounded.

The devil is in the details and I was amazed at how superior one spacer could be over another. The Teraflex spacers were significantly more expensive than the first brand I tried, but you get what you pay for.

Awesome product Teraflex! I should also thank Stan at Northridge4x4 (Canada) for making sure I got my spacers in time for the weekend.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:49 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ward, everyone is trying to help you - see thread

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/best-budget-lift-101011/

If your gonna run 33's, mild wheelin, heavy bumper and winch, get the TF 2.5 coil lift and be done with it. You'll set level and be able to run 35's in the future if you so choose.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm running the stock rubicon 32's. I only do mild wheeling in an old mining area. It consists of mostly small hill climbs and some decent flexing on rocky berms. I've also done some wheeling in the snow down some bush trails. I have flexed it enough to rub the fenders.

With these 1" spacers, I would think you could run 33's with no problems as long as they are not much wider than stock. If you want wide 33's, you will have to run wheel spacers as well.

If you are going to run heavy bumpers and such, better do as mkjeep suggests. I'm running stock bumper and no winch...

Last edited by Rubicorn; 09-12-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Got Pics??

Originally Posted by Rubicorn
I'm running the stock rubicon 32's. I only do mild wheeling in an old mining area. It consists of mostly small hill climbs and some decent flexing on rocky berms. I've also done some wheeling in the snow down some bush trails. I have flexed it enough to rub the fenders.

With these 1" spacers, I would think you could run 33's with no problems as long as they are not much wider than stock. If you want wide 33's, you will have to run wheel spacers as well.

If you are going to run heavy bumpers and such, better do as mkjeep suggests. I'm running stock bumper and no winch...

Hi, got pics of your Rubi? Have the same one and would love to see what it looks like

Quick Reply: Teraflex spacers... nice surprise