Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex shocks, the one weak spot.. replacement suggestions?

Old 01-22-2013, 05:11 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by AveryR
Well. If you'd like to reign over every one else, already sounds cool?, then you could always be a KING and ride true.
Lol what??
Old 02-20-2013, 02:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well... After talking with Teraflex and getting my shocks warrantied, I decided to sell them and move on to something else. I purchased Bilstein 5100's and installed them this weekend.. and, wow!, what a difference. My ride is instantly 10x's smoother on road! I also, although no proof, would put some responsibility on my stock carrier not being able to hold my larger tires on the fact that the TF shocks, really didn't absorb much of anything. My welds failed after 4 months of having my larger spare on the stock carrier and I feel that the firm, rough impact of the TF shocks did nothing to help soften the constant blow to the carrier. With that said, I'd highly recommend going with something other that TF for the shocks and the Bilsteins, thus far, are pretty darn nice for the price..

Quick Reply: Teraflex shocks, the one weak spot.. replacement suggestions?