Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex - shocks or just the adaptors?

Old 01-19-2009, 05:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex - shocks or just the adaptors?

I'm going to buy A teraflex 2.5" lift pretty damn soon . I initially was going to buy the most expensive package that contains the longer shocks, but am starting to question whether I should save myself $120 and just get the one with the adapters. I won't be doing any aggressive off roading for a while, at least a year or two when I have made a dent in how much I owe on this thing, so that being said, should I go with the adapters or the full shocks? I don't want to cheap out and regret it, but if you guys have had good experiences with the adapters, I might go that route. Thanks.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by smuhhh
I'm going to buy A teraflex 2.5" lift pretty damn soon . I initially was going to buy the most expensive package that contains the longer shocks, but am starting to question whether I should save myself $120 and just get the one with the adapters. I won't be doing any aggressive off roading for a while, at least a year or two when I have made a dent in how much I owe on this thing, so that being said, should I go with the adapters or the full shocks? I don't want to cheap out and regret it, but if you guys have had good experiences with the adapters, I might go that route. Thanks.
I've got the adapters on mine with my stock Sahara shocks - rides great.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:29 PM
JK Super Freak

I have an X so I went with the new shocks and the ride is great. Here's a couple of pics from this weekend of the setup. I can't say enough about this lift kit.

Old 01-19-2009, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

sweet pictures. jeep is looking great. Yeah, I didn't think about the fact that I have an X and probably could use a shock upgrade.

Now that I have started this thread, I have another question, but in fear of having everyone tell me to search, hopefully I can sneak it in here and not offend anyone

Can I install the lift and continue to run the stock rims and tires until I can afford the eagle rims and BFG KO's I plan to get? Is there any issue there? Or should I wait until I have everything and then do 'er all in one go? Thanks again. I think I misunderstood what someone said, which is why Im asking. But now that I think more about it, I see people on here all the time with lifts and stock tires. I'm probably just being an idiot here haha.

Last edited by smuhhh; 01-19-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:52 PM
JK Super Freak

The TF shocks are an upgrade from the X shocks, but you will be ok with stock. It's your choice.

You can run stock wheels and tires with this lift, You won't look too tall for the wheel (just a little)

What eagle rims are you looking at?
Old 01-19-2009, 05:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Do you have the small 16" or the "rubi" sized 17" on your X? You can run either with the lift but the smaller 16's will look a little odd. I had aftermarket wheels and rubi tires when I added this lift. It did not look bad at all.

Not a very good pic for you because the shadows but this will give you some idea.
This is with the lift and stock 255/75/17's

Old 01-19-2009, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Haha yeah, I know it's gunna look a little odd with the stock setup. I have the optional package with the 17" rims, so it won't look quite so goofy. Anywho, I have decided on the Eagle series 185 rims. I have a Rescue Green and I think the black wheels look way better than chrome on it. Toad's jeep is what mine would look like in a perfect world.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

adapters with the rubi shocks YES
buy New shocks if you are running with the stock x shocks.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:56 PM
JK Freak

I initially had the adapters, UNTIL I went with larger tires. Even the upgrade to just 285/70/17s, the stock Rubi shocks seemed a little overwhelmed. Once I got the Teraflex shocks on with the BB the Jeep felt a lot more stable on and off-raod.

That's my personal experience.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by seal20
I initially had the adapters, UNTIL I went with larger tires. Even the upgrade to just 285/70/17s, the stock Rubi shocks seemed a little overwhelmed. Once I got the Teraflex shocks on with the BB the Jeep felt a lot more stable on and off-raod.

That's my personal experience.
I ran the BB with the adapters on stock rubi tires, then on 35's never felt any different for me. I then went with a fully custom 4 inch lift by me.

Quick Reply: Teraflex - shocks or just the adaptors?