Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex S/T Swaybar System

Old 07-06-2009, 01:54 AM
AJK
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ShortStuff
ORO Sway Loc has In Cab operation, Pnumatic switched dual rate swaybars.
I just ordered one for that reason i.e. its the only remote operated Dual Rate, otherwise i was getting the Teraflex.

www.offroadonly.com/products/suspension/swayloc/index.shtml
Jeez you're gettin lazy in your old age, Mal

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 07-30-2009 at 09:53 AM. Reason: removed hyperlink
Old 07-06-2009, 03:26 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Seems like a lot of ingenuity went into the thing. I think it's a nice system. Those of you who think it's too expensive, too expensive for what? Did you think moddin your Jeep was gonna be done at a five and dime store? All things are relative in the Jeep world. I'd say comparatively speaking, it's a good deal for what it offers. It won't be on my list because I'm only at 2.5" and not in it's lift range, but I'm sure it works well for those who fall within it's range.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are lazy. As I said earlier just keep the things simple. I am not a big fan of air hoses going all over the place.

Teraflex dual rate is an excellent design and very simple. All you have to do is turn the knob from street to trail or trail to street. Still simple and no chanes of failure at all.

What happens if you flex it or have mud all over under the chasis looking for air leak?
Old 07-06-2009, 09:05 PM
JK Super Freak

I have the factory ele disconects and i like it. but i will be putting on the Currie SB when i get their kit.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:19 AM
JK Freak

I thought u were giving me a gift a little birdy told me u bought 2 ORO. when u are away I can look after ur rig on the trails and let u know how did it performed.

hopefully LoDs will be at my door when u get back.

Going back to thread yes i do have arb lockers with high flow pump but i want to keep things simple so decided will go Teraflex way or Currie front & Rear lets see.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:27 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
TeraFlex Rep

Because of the popularity of the Street/Trail and Dual rate Teraflex sway bars we have taken a new look at the entire sway bar product line and tooled up to make them even better and at the same time reduce the price. In a nut shell we have invested in tooling to forge the arms so we can reduce the bulk and increase the strength. Teraflex will have these out around SEMA. Along with the Dual rate we will have a new "Trail bar", not to be confused with "granola bar". Trail bar is our trade name for this new off road sway bar which is the same concept as the Currie anti rock. We will have Trail bars for the front or rear of the JK and TJ Wranglers. The Dual rate bars will only be available for the front applications for now.
The Street setting on the Dual rate bar is more firm than the factory sway bar even with the added length (leverage) of the new forged arms. The difference in the lift height is addressed with sway bar links only so any lift height or no lift at all can be accommodated. With a Teraflex Dual Rate in the front and a Trail bar in the rear your jeep will feel much more secure/hooked up on the black top with less body roll in cornering. Off road with the Dual Rate in Trail mode and the rear Trail bar you will feel an increased sense of control over simple sway bar disconnects, especially on side hills but you will also have the advantage of a tuned trail bar that allows the articulation needed to keep the tires in contact.
Teraflex will have some more information and pictures for you soon.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mssbbmia
Because of the popularity of the Street/Trail and Dual rate Teraflex sway bars we have taken a new look at the entire sway bar product line and tooled up to make them even better and at the same time reduce the price. In a nut shell we have invested in tooling to forge the arms so we can reduce the bulk and increase the strength. Teraflex will have these out around SEMA. Along with the Dual rate we will have a new "Trail bar", not to be confused with "granola bar". Trail bar is our trade name for this new off road sway bar which is the same concept as the Currie anti rock. We will have Trail bars for the front or rear of the JK and TJ Wranglers. The Dual rate bars will only be available for the front applications for now.
The Street setting on the Dual rate bar is more firm than the factory sway bar even with the added length (leverage) of the new forged arms. The difference in the lift height is addressed with sway bar links only so any lift height or no lift at all can be accommodated. With a Teraflex Dual Rate in the front and a Trail bar in the rear your jeep will feel much more secure/hooked up on the black top with less body roll in cornering. Off road with the Dual Rate in Trail mode and the rear Trail bar you will feel an increased sense of control over simple sway bar disconnects, especially on side hills but you will also have the advantage of a tuned trail bar that allows the articulation needed to keep the tires in contact.
Teraflex will have some more information and pictures for you soon.
That sounds like a nice setup. I was thinking about the Teraflex dual rate in the front and the Currie in the back, but I'll wait to see what Teraflex does for the back. Thanks for the info.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:29 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by OlegFl
So what would be the difference btwn TF and Currie when offroad? Also... will TF limit full flex (with proper links)?
Difference? Just read the product descriptions. The TF set up actually locks, unlike the Currie kit. However, I know a few folk that run the TF S/T on thier TJ's and it can be a SOB to unlock if you are not on a perfectly level surface. The ORFab kit is similiar to what Full Traction/Pure Jeep brought out for the TJ a while back. Having the ability to unlock your sway bar from inside the cab is nice, but $450-$800 for 2 minutes of work are some serious labor charges
Old 07-30-2009, 09:39 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BryGuy
I understand how it works.... but why 2 different height applications, when the other 2 cover all lifted applications? Can the smaller TF product be upgraded?
My guess is the TF comes in two sizes because of the sway bar links associated with each kit
Old 07-30-2009, 01:17 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes the lower setup can be upgraded to allow for larger kits. It's just a matter of replacing the swaybar links.

Originally Posted by BryGuy
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this system also helps provide more stability in off camber situations, when unlocked... where as the disco's allow far more lean.

Since we're on the topic of this system maybe someone can answer a question I have

This system comes in 2 different applications: one for 1-3" lifts and one for 4-6" lifts, where as the ORO Swayloc and the Currie Antirock only have one application that works with all size lifts.

1. What makes the Tera Flex system different in this reguard?
2. Is it possible to use the 4-6" application with a 3" lift, to allow the ability
upgrading my lift without having to purchase a new Tera Flex Sway bar?
Correct, better off road stability. With the TeraFlex Swaybars, you have the option to lock or unlock the front.

Quick Reply: Teraflex S/T Swaybar System