Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex or rubicon express BB

Old 09-12-2007, 08:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex or rubicon express BB

Better choice for a BB on a daily driver Sahara ?? Tires will still be OE 32" for about 6 months then I will be on to 33" (275/70/18) Wrangler Silent Armor.

Rubicon express 2" or teraflex 2.5" ?

Will the shocks (M-force or teraflex) be better than my OE Sahara shocks for ride quality? I am a little apprehensive about a "tippy" feeling from the lift with OE shocks.

Any help or input greatly appreciated. Really struggling with the decision.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

I used the tera 2.5 with shocks and love it! I have 33" tires and look what I can do.
http://www.aaof.us/jeep.htm
Old 09-12-2007, 08:55 AM
JK Super Freak

I have a Tera kit on my Sahara(4door) and didn't notice much difference in handling characteristics with the lift alone. I'm stilling running stock 32s(35s next week!). I got the Tera shocks and like them, although people have reported liking the stock shocks with extenders that Tera sells and that is also cheaper way to go if you are pinching pennies. Bottom line for me is I like it and would do it again.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mrsig ....Did you replace your rubicon shocks with the teraflex ones?. Your sig says high pressure gas shocks is that the teraflex ones that came with the kit?
Old 09-12-2007, 12:15 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Well, considering a BB is pretty much a BB regardless of who the make is, I think you would have to decide what you really want out of your kit and how much you are willing to spend. I ran the TeraFlex 2.5"BB and I was really happy with it as it was very affordable, lifted my JK 1/2" more than your standard BB and it is by far one of the most complete kits available today (i.e. comes with rear brake line extension brackets, front/rear bump stop extensions, shock extension and new rear longer sway bar links). However, if you are looking for a kit that will 'level out' your ride, I know that the RE kit is designed with front spacers up front that are taller than the rear to do just that.

As far as shocks go, I really don't like the mushy Sahara and X low pressure gas charged shocks and would probably recommend that you upgrade to ha high pressure set like the M-Force, TeraFlex monotube or RE/Bilstine monotube.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nightbat
Mrsig ....Did you replace your rubicon shocks with the teraflex ones?. Your sig says high pressure gas shocks is that the teraflex ones that came with the kit?
Yes I did the Tera shocks are bigger and longer and give it a good ride on the road and a great ride on the trail.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nightbat
Better choice for a BB on a daily driver Sahara ?? Tires will still be OE 32" for about 6 months then I will be on to 33" (275/70/18) Wrangler Silent Armor.

Rubicon express 2" or teraflex 2.5" ?

Will the shocks (M-force or teraflex) be better than my OE Sahara shocks for ride quality? I am a little apprehensive about a "tippy" feeling from the lift with OE shocks.

Any help or input greatly appreciated. Really struggling with the decision.

For your information, the 33'' tires will fit in the stock JK wheel wells, no lift needed. Aside from that, forgive me for asking but, unless you like the looks of a BB-lifted truck, why on earth would you want to increase suspension articulation to run Wrangler Silent Armor?
Old 01-23-2008, 12:07 PM
JK Newbie

FYI, 275/70/R18 Wrangler Silent Armors do rub...I have a 4dr sahara unlimited and the tires rub at full turn. Teraflex 2.5 BB w/new shox fixes the issue.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:34 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tahoe_jk
FYI, 275/70/R18 Wrangler Silent Armors do rub...I have a 4dr sahara unlimited and the tires rub at full turn. Teraflex 2.5 BB w/new shox fixes the issue.
Wouldn't 1.5 inch spacers with the stocker 18 rims with no lift (stock stance) allow for you to place 33's with little to no rubbing issues???
Old 01-23-2008, 05:23 PM
JK Newbie

I suppose it would, but there are those that say the spacers compromise the integrity of the axle, etc. Besides, the truck looks so much more aggessive with the slight lift. It's a more expensive but more gratifying fix.

Quick Reply: Teraflex or rubicon express BB