Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TeraFlex Rocker Guards Question??

Old 10-01-2007, 04:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TeraFlex Rocker Guards Question??

Does anyone know how out the TeraFlex Rocker Guards are going to stick out from the body...?? Also anyone heard an ETA..?? Thanks

Last edited by 1BADJK; 10-01-2007 at 04:53 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:11 PM
JK Freak

well, they look like they stick out as far as the flenders do (possibly a little farther than a shrockworks rail, and far enough to use as a step, if the aren't slick). i haven't actually seen or heard of anyone receiving these yet.
i think i e-mailed tf a couple times back around july or august, but never got an e-mail returned, so i forgot about them. i tried to inquire about them at a 4wheelparts store, about the same time, and they told me that they weren't available yet and hadn't received any time frame at all. but that was a few months ago.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

They do stick out as far as the flares and work as a step and keep the junk off the sides. For as light as they are they are very strong. I've used mine to pivit of and have slid down side hills into trees and they haven't dented at all. They are a little scarred up from running the rocks but nothing a little krylon rebuild didn't take care of.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:41 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Well, what I can tell you is that if you are interested in these rocker guards, wait just a bit longer to get them. I have been working with TeraFlex doing some long term testing and punishing them on the trail. And, after providing them with some feedback, they are going to be making some really nice improvments to it and will ultimately release a 2nd generation design that will be much better. In fact, I have already seen the CAD drawings of it and hope to post some pics of the new prototypes soon.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:15 AM
JK Freak

Here's the E-mail I got back from Tera..

Hi Jay. Our rock sliders stick out 3.5''s . I think 3 1/2'' would be enough for a step, and you could lift one side with a high lift. These sliders can take it. I hope this info helps out, thanks for your interest in Teraflex.
Doug Henderson.

-- I hope they are the same width or even wider..
WOL- Can you tell me what they are improving..??
Old 02-08-2008, 06:43 PM
JK Newbie

Does anybody have more feedback on these sliders?
Old 02-08-2008, 10:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Rick Scott says he thinks Late Spring/Early Summer is about when they'll come out.

I had asked him about the flat topped sliders because the wife refuses to put up with tubes anymore.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:04 AM
JK Newbie

Would love to know what the improvements are. WOL? TEEJ?
Old 02-14-2008, 08:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

I kinda like the idea of these over a tube type slider....I was set on the PSC rocker knockers, but alas, I am finding myself changing my mind so often....which is probably ok, since it will likely take me months to get them once I decide anyway.

So TF, when can we get the "new and improved" version?

EDIT: Now...the Fab Fours sliders are HOTTT.....but nearly $1000? I mean come on. :P

Last edited by Audiophiliac; 02-14-2008 at 08:53 PM.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:46 PM
JK Newbie

Any word yet on what the improvements are?

Quick Reply: TeraFlex Rocker Guards Question??