Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex Redesigned their 2.5 BB Rear Bumpstops.! How do they install

Old 07-02-2007, 02:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex Redesigned their 2.5 BB Rear Bumpstops.! How do they install

Well I just got my Teraflex 2.5 BB and noticed the rear bump-stops are different from the Project JK TeraFlex 2.5 BB Write up http://project-jk.com/images/writeup...b/DSC06378.jpg.

The new ones are longer and have a slant. I'm Wondering which side the slant should point to... front or back? Pix of the new Bump-stop below...

Old 07-02-2007, 02:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Post Bump stop

The angle side faces forward.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the response. Anyone know the reasoning for the redesign?
Old 07-02-2007, 04:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by edstroyer
Thanks for the response. Anyone know the reasoning for the redesign?
I expect it is to account for the arc'd travel of the rear axle as the springs compress--to ensure the factory top bump stops make clean contact with the bottom. Either that or the designer was bored and just wanted to add some curvy parts

Seriously though...the track bar bolt on the p-side rear will smack the bump stop if you install the angle to the rear--not good (lesson learned from experience.) The bump stop is pretty solid though...my track bar only left a small mark in mine (the shop installed it backward...not me--I fixed it when I got home.)

Quick Reply: Teraflex Redesigned their 2.5 BB Rear Bumpstops.! How do they install