Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

teraflex rear drop bracket for trac bar

Old 01-18-2008, 11:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default teraflex rear drop bracket for trac bar

ok when i installed the rear drop bracket on my jeep for my trac bar i didnt even think about it rubbing the factory shocks. i ended up having to grid some off the bottom of it after i noticed it had been rubbing the shock slightly but i dont think was enough to hurt. after i modified it i pulled it on a hill to see if it would clear and noticed that the right rear shock had fluid running out of it in a steady stream. though that it might've punchered it but looked closer and noticed it was comming out of the very top under that plastic cover. has anybody else had this problem? the jeep dosent ride any different and you cant tell it so im last as to whats has happened here and the place the bracket put in it wasnt even deep it was just rubbing against it. i have the 2.5" bb and stock shocks with extensions
Old 01-18-2008, 12:21 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got pics?
Old 01-18-2008, 12:24 PM
JK Junkie

Are the teraflex rear drop brackets for the BB available now?
Old 01-18-2008, 12:53 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 2.5" rear drop brackets are not out yet. I've been told next week.This sounds like he is using a rear trackbar bracket from a 3" kit (#001954000) which is fine as long as you have a shock relocator kit (#001554700) on that passenger side shock.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:51 PM
JK Newbie

TERAFLEX i sent you a pm so check it. it is the one for the 3" lift and its a lot better lookin bracket than the BDS bracket. thanks

Quick Reply: teraflex rear drop bracket for trac bar