Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex rear axel end track bar bracket

Old 08-22-2020, 11:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex rear axel end track bar bracket

‘16 Jku 75th anniversary, tf 2.5 suspension lift kit , with 2 inch wheel spacers on 285/70/r17 (33 psi).
Front and back driver side after lift, wheels out by 2 inches and passenger side front and back wheels out about 1 1/4 inches (measured from fender).

Photos below shows rear axel bracket where there is another hole below bolt.

if I rebolt rear track bar to hole below will that perhaps center my rear axel and shift over a little to passenger side? And will it lower my Rear lift?

Trying to avoid getting rear adjustable track bar as I have already got one for the front just haven’t installed them yet.

Thanks in advance!!

Old 08-22-2020, 11:17 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,942 Likes on 1,699 Posts

Moving it to the lower bolt hole will NOT affect the lift at all. It will scooch the axle a touch to the passenger side as you desire, BUT, the higher the TB is the better your roll center. It's not the end of the world for the axle to be shifted a bit, but the better solution is indeed an adjustable rear TB if you want it perfect. The rear TB isn't near as crucial a component as the front. There are some budget friendly ones that are perfectly fine to use in the back. You'd obviously want something you can adjust shorted than the stock one though.

I say "budget-friendly"....but you know, it's all relative. Just mean it doesn't have to match your other stuff or anything.

Last edited by resharp001; 08-22-2020 at 11:25 AM.
The following users liked this post:
rp606 (08-22-2020)
Old 08-22-2020, 11:29 AM
JK Newbie

I had a feeling that’s what I will end up needing, adj rear track bar, but I have been told as well it’s not that crucial but will prob end up getting one and leave the bolt where it’s at thanks.

I also have a low front left
​​​​caster (2.9*) vs right front 3.4* (good), any suggestions, or will the front adj track bar fix that?
camber off too both front sides?

Thanks in advance!!
Old 08-22-2020, 11:43 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,942 Likes on 1,699 Posts

The front TB will only center the axle, it's not going to fix your low caster situation. You might look at some control arm brackets as a remedy. The other options would be longer fixed length lower control arms (not great option IMO), or lower adjustable control arms. TBH, if you don't mind losing a little clearance at the frame side, the control arm brackets are not too pricey, and will give you a bit better on road drive. There's not going to be a solution with the camber, outside of doing some offset BJs, which none of us really do. Usually when our BJs crap out, we replace with something that is better, but still a normal BJ.
The following users liked this post:
murdoc319 (08-22-2020)
Old 08-23-2020, 07:14 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

A set of off set ball joints will fix both the caster and camber. Front and rear adjustable track bars are a worthy upgrade as the factory ones are weak and prone to bending if you take it off road. At 2.5" of lift your axe should not be shifted that much, are you running spacers as well with the kit? Your shocks look like they are too short for the amount of lift you have. I also do not see any additional bump stop installed.

How much clearance do you have between that shock and the rear track bar bracket? looks pretty close. When you stuff the rear the axle moves back and may create a conflict between the shock and bracket.
Old 08-23-2020, 08:16 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I am a little confused on what you are saying. are you saying the axle is shifted 2" out or 3/4" out ie 2"-1.25"=3/4". it is pretty normal for even new dana 44 to be out of camber spec from the factory. two different alignment shops told me they see brand new ones reading about what yours is. I saw an alignment sheet recently that had the specs changed to 1.1 so makes me wonder...use these to see how much lift you have.

Old 08-23-2020, 10:22 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
A set of off set ball joints will fix both the caster and camber. Front and rear adjustable track bars are a worthy upgrade as the factory ones are weak and prone to bending if you take it off road. At 2.5" of lift your axe should not be shifted that much, are you running spacers as well with the kit? Your shocks look like they are too short for the amount of lift you have. I also do not see any additional bump stop installed.

How much clearance do you have between that shock and the rear track bar bracket? looks pretty close. When you stuff the rear the axle moves back and may create a conflict between the shock and bracket.
1. I do have 2 inch supreme suspension wheel spacers installed.

2. after inspection your right the teraflex kit i ordered is suppose to come with bumbstops and there are not installed anywhere(wtf) this is frustrating, thank you for pointing that out, no clue why the shop i took it to didn't mention that (line-x). I ordered this kit from extreme terrain.com, i hope they send it to me. Im a newbie in all this, what benefits do i get with them?
Old 08-23-2020, 10:33 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jadmt
I am a little confused on what you are saying. are you saying the axle is shifted 2" out or 3/4" out ie 2"-1.25"=3/4". it is pretty normal for even new dana 44 to be out of camber spec from the factory. two different alignment shops told me they see brand new ones reading about what yours is. I saw an alignment sheet recently that had the specs changed to 1.1 so makes me wonder...use these to see how much lift you have.

Front driver side

Rear driver side

Rear passenger and same up front passenger side
Old 08-23-2020, 10:36 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by rp606
1. I do have 2 inch supreme suspension wheel spacers installed.

2. after inspection your right the teraflex kit i ordered is suppose to come with bumbstops and there are not installed anywhere(wtf) this is frustrating, thank you for pointing that out, no clue why the shop i took it to didn't mention that (line-x). I ordered this kit from extreme terrain.com, i hope they send it to me. Im a newbie in all this, what benefits do i get with them?
they do a variety of things. they keep your shocks from bottoming out, your tires of the wheel wells, your coils from going into coil bind among other things.if just a road vehicle none of that is real important but offroad it is.. a good shop check all that and make sure you have the proper size bump stops.

Quick Reply: Teraflex rear axel end track bar bracket