Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex Quick disco's rubbing with new wheels

Old 06-05-2012, 07:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex Quick disco's rubbing with new wheels

Hey all,

I just recently moved up from running 33's on stock wheels with spacers to 35's on wheels with a 4.75" backspace. I went wheeling on the weekend and noticed that my tires are rubbing on the bolt where the swaybars connect when disconnected.

What are you guys doing to solve this problem? Remove the bolt and just zip tie my swaybar when disconnected? or is the solution upgrade to JKS disco's? or is there another solution out there? I know I could move up to a Currie Antirock or something like that but my next mod is new gears so dont want to spend a tonne of money right now.

Thanks,
Old 06-05-2012, 07:14 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

common problem and if you aren't careful, will blow out a sidewall. the solution is to remove the storage pins. when disconnected, make sure that your sway bar is sitting horizontal (parallel to the frame rail) and then bungie cord or zip tie it in place.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could it be that your back spacing is contributing to the problem as well. 4.75 bs is really borderline of what I would run with 35" tires and no spacer
Old 06-05-2012, 07:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggy
Could it be that your back spacing is contributing to the problem as well. 4.75 bs is really borderline of what I would run with 35" tires and no spacer

They are the Pro Comp 7036 4.75" backspacing with a negative -6mm offset

Looks like I will just remove the bolt and zip tie or bungie them up.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really sounds like to me you need more back spacing, I would double check but wouldn't be surprised if you were rubbing elsewhere on full flex

Quick Reply: Teraflex Quick disco's rubbing with new wheels