Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex quick disconnect issue

Old 06-17-2013, 04:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex quick disconnect issue

was rotating my tires last night and this is what I found.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-549249364.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	468914

Any one else have this issue? It happened to both sides, that is the bottom part, that "quick disconnects". The tops also had cracks. All bolts were tight, nothing loose. Luckily a friend had a set that he gave to me, wrecked his jeep befor he could install them.

I went to the hardware store and replaced the quick disco bolt with a case hardened bolt. Got them so they would fit through the metal sleeve so I wouldn't have to remove it. Little ticked, I put on the leveling kit and discos when I got my tires and wheels, 3000 miles ago.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would contact wherever you got them and ask I they have ever had a problem like this. I personally run DIY discoes and haven't had a problem yet. Good luck
Old 06-17-2013, 08:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sirtreysif
I would contact wherever you got them and ask I they have ever had a problem like this. I personally run DIY discoes and haven't had a problem yet. Good luck
I originally got them for my 08, but grew a wild hair and traded for a truck and never installed them, didnt even open the box. Dont think i can Call them up about a item I bough years ago. Wonder if that was the case, but I looked at everything making sure there was no "dry rot" so to speak.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by White Fang
I originally got them for my 08, but grew a wild hair and traded for a truck and never installed them, didnt even open the box. Dont think i can Call them up about a item I bough years ago. Wonder if that was the case, but I looked at everything making sure there was no "dry rot" so to speak.
I'd still give them a call or drop them an email. While I haven't seen the same issue on mine, I have had one of the zerk go missing and they replaced it no problem.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a set of JKS ones do that. Problem was I never kept them greased like I should have. Got another set on my new JKU, keep them greased and 0 issues
Old 06-18-2013, 02:37 AM
JK Super Freak

My TF disco bushings looked like that at 12k and I greased them every 5k. They actually came back as a "recommended" repair at my last inspection.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It happens. Climate, wear and tear, not greasing enough and so on..

This is what you need to buy

This is for one
| TeraFlex Suspensions

For set
| TeraFlex Suspensions
Old 06-18-2013, 04:57 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Had our's on for 2 years now,use a good moly grease no problems
Old 06-22-2013, 12:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the input guys. I did grease them and I rotate every 3k miles and was gonna grease them while I had the tire off...dunno, musta got a lemon set :-/

Quick Reply: Teraflex quick disconnect issue