Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex quick disco issue ?

Old 08-23-2011, 06:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex quick disco issue ?

Hey guys, got a set of TeraFlex quick disco and well my bushings are shut after disconnecting them 2 times and roughly 5 000 KMs, see pics bellow. What is going on here ?? Is TeraFlex quality going down the toilet or what ??

M'I the only one having this issue ? Or you are all changing your bushings each time you change your oil ?!

Old 08-23-2011, 08:12 PM
JK Freak

Did you ever grease them? Your supposed to grease them every time you change your oil.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:37 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Mine are four years old and no problems. Plenty of disconnects on them, too. Contact TF and I'll bet they take care of you. FYI, different manufacturers over the years have suffered problems with bushings failing. These are good companies, but I think there may be a supplier or two out there cutting corners, and sometimes the vendors we know suffer that in their own product quality.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:47 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Mine are four years old and no problems. Plenty of disconnects on them, too. Contact TF and I'll bet they take care of you. FYI, different manufacturers over the years have suffered problems with bushings failing. These are good companies, but I think there may be a supplier or two out there cutting corners, and sometimes the vendors we know suffer that in their own product quality.
Hey Mark, that's awesome you chimed in... your install write-up on these was what I used when installing mine:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...onnect-Install

Thanks for writing it out so well!
Old 08-24-2011, 07:07 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just need a name/address from you to send a replacement set to you.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mine are exactly the same. I greased mine when I got them and at my next oil change. 2k miles later they looked worse than yours did. I just haven't gotten around to ordering new ones. Never thought about sending teraflex a note asking about them replacing them.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:58 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by clewis7951
Mine are exactly the same. I greased mine when I got them and at my next oil change. 2k miles later they looked worse than yours did. I just haven't gotten around to ordering new ones. Never thought about sending teraflex a note asking about them replacing them.
Name/address please.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

It's great to see a manufacturer taking care of its customers like this! Way to go Teraflex
Old 08-24-2011, 12:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

PM sent.... Thanks for the prompt follow up!
Old 08-25-2011, 08:40 AM
JK Freak

Yup, I did grease them but did not make any difference. I have cleaned the quick disco for the picture so we can clearly see the issue.

In any case TF is really there for their customer this is one of the reason why I always consider TF when it time to get suspensions parts

Quick Reply: Teraflex quick disco issue ?