Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex prerunner kit without longarms ? I want to do some high speed stuff.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:10 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by highoctane
What's the difference between the Teraflex Prerunner kit and the Teraflex LCG longarm system like I have. The only difference I can see is the foam in a can speed bumps. The shocks look to be the same 9550 shocks unless you upgrade to Fox or Elkas. The arms look to be the same. Everything looks the same.
The LCG is the first generation of TeraFlex weld on long arm kits with standard bumpstops. The PreRunner system use straight rear lowers, and 3" SpeedBumps front and rear, limiting straps, cam bolt washer kit and a trackbar gusset. Either kit can run the standard TeraFlex/ELKA/Fox shocks, but the Fox shocks that TeraFlex uses were tuned specifically for the PreRunner.

Last edited by TeraFlex; 04-16-2012 at 12:14 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:16 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by jcole
To clarify, I was running a 3.5" short arm lift in the past. The Jeep is now at stock height.

I don't want to build a full-on pre-runner, I mainly just want a quick fun vehicle that can go fast offroad, similar to the raptor. The reason I posted it, I don't see a reason for the long arms either. At 3", you aren't gaining suspension flex with long arms, as a stock location shock is the limiting factor in flex. Also at 3" the control arms are not very far from parallel to the ground.

I think I will call teraflex and get them to piece together a kit using everything in the prerunner kit minus the long arms and test it out.
Actually we do have a short arm PreRunner system. Or we can sell you just the parts that you want.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TeraFlex

The LCG is the first generation of TeraFlex weld on long arm kits with standard bumpstops. The PreRunner system use straight rear lowers, and 3" SpeedBumps front and rear, limiting straps, cam bolt washer kit and a trackbar gusset. Either kit can run the standard TeraFlex/ELKA/Fox shocks, but the Fox shocks that TeraFlex uses were tuned specifically for the PreRunner.
What advantage is there with the straight lowers in the rear? I saw just the rear lower straight long arms on your site.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:08 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mrmike
It really comes down to how you drive and how much you want to spend. I pushed my 3" kit to its limit in the desert. I could easily use more suspension but then again I will probably beat the car apart no matter what is on it. Even the Raptor's suspension can easily be over driven.

Evo can set it up for high speed. Their Double Throwdown is specifically made for high speed (80mph+). They know what is required to make one of these go fast.

As to the bump stops, I agree that a Teraflex bump may work ok but its no where near what a gas filled fox or king bump stop will do. My front end has 3" stroke fox stops. Worth their weight in gold if you are driving fast AND have LIMITED Travel. TF kit will have no more than 9" of travel so they really come in handy. With 12" of travel you have 3-4" more stroke to absorb the impact. It can eat up the same obstacle without ever coming near bottom. And as was pointed out earlier you have two springs on the shock allowing you to have control of the spring rates for both ride height and different types of terrain. In addition you can adjust your own ride height w/o changing springs.

THE BAD NEWS...after writing all this I want to throw away the springs on my kit and go spend money on the new coilover kit from EVO! I only have 1500 miles on it so I'm going to cry myself to sleep every night waiting to get it installed.
what he said. we're talking coil overs here and not some kind of pre-packaged kit with a sticker on it telling you what it's designed to do. you literally can have your coil overs custom made and if speed is what you want, coil overs is the way you get there. all you need to do is get them with coils that have the proper rate and valving for what you want to do.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:48 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by highoctane
What advantage is there with the straight lowers in the rear? I saw just the rear lower straight long arms on your site.
Helps keep the cost down,because of the simple design. Also if a customer wanted to swap it out for a arm they built. Another benefit of the PreRunner kit is that it allows a customer to have a suspension that will allow them to either drive fast/ improve ride quality without the cost of coilovers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqbdriU_qUg Here's a great video that shows how well this kit works.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok wayalife, i want your personal opinion. Between the evo coilover system, the teraflex prerunner kit, and the rock krawler 5.5 x factor coil over system; which is the most high end, and which do you think would be the best for a final setup of a jk. If it was the last suspension system to put on. do you think the evo coilover setup, is THAT much superior to the Rk?

Quick Reply: Teraflex prerunner kit without longarms ? I want to do some high speed stuff.