Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex Prerunner kit street manners

Old 02-22-2012, 10:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex Prerunner kit street manners

This post is to those who are running this kit. I don't post on the forum pretty much at all because it seems that the search feature does it's job answering all my questions, but there isn't a lot regarding my question. I have a 2012 2dr Sport and looking to run 35s. The primary use of my Jeep is a daily driver so street manners are most important to me. Next main use is running Silver Lake Sand Dunes (michigan) and other not too extreme trails. Obviously there are a billion options for different lifts, and I want to retain as much comfort on road as possible, so a long arm kit is the "best" choice, but this kit in particular caught my attention due to the lack of rock crawling I will be doing. I have done research on the kit and it sounds great, there just isn't much about street use. In short, anyone that has this kit, how does it perform on the street? I prefer a softer "squishy" ride and really like how the stock suspension handles (I've owned lifted YJ's and TJ's and this is a Caddy in comparison lol) and would prefer to keep as close to that as possible or better. Just looking for feedback about this kit from Teraflex themselves along with anyone who is running this kit. Thanks for any info! Don
Old 02-22-2012, 10:45 AM
JK Jedi

Here's a video TeraFlex did in Moab. I hope the link works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUa6I...e_gdata_player
Old 02-22-2012, 10:53 AM
JK Newbie

I watched all the Teraflex videos on the kit. Great info and those are what is pushing me towards the kit. Thanks for the link
Old 02-22-2012, 12:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am running the full flex arm kit on my 4dr. Runing 35's with 2.5-3 inches of lift I would recommend staying with the stock lengths. The flex off and feel onroad is night and day from the stock arms. I did no other changes when i did my arms. I had the Front LCA then added the other 6 arms 2 weeks ago. Long arms are nice and will give you a super plush ride however I consider my ride now very plush and almost soft feeling. Much better than stock. Their long arm kit costs a good bit and if you dont weld or do the work yourself can be costly on install costs. My opinion would be do the 8 flex arm kit, no cutting, grinding or welding and the benefits are still huge.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:56 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jST_ANTHR_JK
This post is to those who are running this kit. I don't post on the forum pretty much at all because it seems that the search feature does it's job answering all my questions, but there isn't a lot regarding my question. I have a 2012 2dr Sport and looking to run 35s. The primary use of my Jeep is a daily driver so street manners are most important to me. Next main use is running Silver Lake Sand Dunes (michigan) and other not too extreme trails. Obviously there are a billion options for different lifts, and I want to retain as much comfort on road as possible, so a long arm kit is the "best" choice, but this kit in particular caught my attention due to the lack of rock crawling I will be doing. I have done research on the kit and it sounds great, there just isn't much about street use. In short, anyone that has this kit, how does it perform on the street? I prefer a softer "squishy" ride and really like how the stock suspension handles (I've owned lifted YJ's and TJ's and this is a Caddy in comparison lol) and would prefer to keep as close to that as possible or better. Just looking for feedback about this kit from Teraflex themselves along with anyone who is running this kit. Thanks for any info! Don
I just talked to my co-worker Jason who bought the TeraFlex PreRunner JK from TeraFlex, and asked him about the ride quality. Jason said that around town it's like a firm "sport" ride that soaks up the big dips great. So if you want a little softer ride, you might want to consider the ELKA shocks. Feel free to give us a call. Thanks for considering TeraFlex.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Talking Black Prerunner

I've had it for about 3 weeks so far (2,5" Prerunner with Fox shocks). The feeling is that onroad in 2door JK it's pretty much similiar to stock suspension. I expected bigger difference somehow. Not that I complain - it's simply similiar to stock for me - maybe sligthly more "gentle" to your back.

But offroad it's .... the same or even better than onroad handling. Actually till 50-60 mph the faster you go the better it handles. I love it - it's fantastic. Andthat's the fact making it worth all the $$$$. It's incredible difference incomparison to stock.

By writing offroad I mean type of bad quality country roads.

Have a look at the photo. I dont't have any better one at the moment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20120202-00107p.jpg
Views:	1679
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	281151

If you make big zoom and close your ever a little you coud spot front and rear bumpstops as well as front fox shocks.

In summary - as for me it's worth installing this kit.

Last edited by abok; 02-22-2012 at 02:02 PM. Reason: extension
Old 02-22-2012, 04:09 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
I just talked to my co-worker Jason who bought the TeraFlex PreRunner JK from TeraFlex, and asked him about the ride quality. Jason said that around town it's like a firm "sport" ride that soaks up the big dips great. So if you want a little softer ride, you might want to consider the ELKA shocks. Feel free to give us a call. Thanks for considering TeraFlex.
Thanks for the info about the street ride with the Fox shocks and will be calling to get more info.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:18 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by abok
I've had it for about 3 weeks so far (2,5" Prerunner with Fox shocks). The feeling is that onroad in 2door JK it's pretty much similiar to stock suspension. I expected bigger difference somehow. Not that I complain - it's simply similiar to stock for me - maybe sligthly more "gentle" to your back.

But offroad it's .... the same or even better than onroad handling. Actually till 50-60 mph the faster you go the better it handles. I love it - it's fantastic. Andthat's the fact making it worth all the $$$$. It's incredible difference incomparison to stock.

By writing offroad I mean type of bad quality country roads.

Have a look at the photo. I dont't have any better one at the moment.

Attachment 281151

If you make big zoom and close your ever a little you coud spot front and rear bumpstops as well as front fox shocks.

In summary - as for me it's worth installing this kit.
This is exactly the type of information I'm looking for! Thank you for input on your lift and is very helpful when it comes to decision making. Running a 2.5 lift was more what I was thinking. What size tire are you running? Have you run any other lifts on this Jeep or previous Jeeps and if so, how does it compare? Thanks again for your opinion!

Keep the replies coming please!
Old 02-23-2012, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

I run 33' BFG A/T but plan to swich to 35' soon.

Before on the same JK I had 2" spacer kit. Both onroad and specially offroad improved after changing to Prerunner. My kit is nominally 2,5" but as it's 2 door it's up a little higher which I love.

Handling is very good.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
Old 02-23-2012, 11:21 AM
JK Newbie

great to hear

Quick Reply: Teraflex Prerunner kit street manners